Interesting(?) thought on Borknagar's name..

Henrik Main

Hello
Aug 10, 2002
Norway
Visit site
RAGNAROK - BORKNAGAR

Ok. Hehe. Maybe I have too much time on my hands. Anyway - I fooled around a bit with the letters in "Ragnarok" - and found out, to my surprise, that if you change the letters a bit, and add a "B", then you get.. well, Borknagar. This may have been pointed out a million times before, but hey - at least this 'anagram' is new to me.

Clever work by Øystein G. Brun nevertheless, the name is really great!

Ok then - soon off to see Lord of the Rings - Two Towers :)

It only comes out here on Boxing Day dam it.

Hehe, but I am seeing it that day, someone I know booked for an entire theatre. Not one of the standard ones, a gold class one. Whole cinema to us :) Should be sweet.

I'm not seeing it until the 23rd, I saw #1 the 23rd the last year...and aiming for a tradition ..heheheheh...well, seriously I was late booking it so the 23rd was the closest I got

mr V

Originally posted by Odemarkens_son
Unfortunately, Poland is still the end of the world.... and i won't be able to see Two Towers till February. :( I Hope this will change when we'll be in EU.
situation is same with Hungary... we will have it only next year..

btw, isn't this thread originally about Borknagar's name? :lol:

The Two Towers was great! Filmmaking grandoise! It was really cool that they have kept the humorous part of Gimli that's in the book. And Gollum/smeagol was amazing. It was the first CGI character I've seen in a movie that acctually blends in with the enviroment. He looked real, damnit! Look forward to his "monologue". Hell cool! Helm's Deep was awesome. Treebeard!!! I was disapointed when I saw The Fellowshop... the first time. Thought they had left out too much. That is not the case in this movie.

MINOR SPOILER AHEAD:

Too bad that they had cut out the end of the book. Guess they're saving it for The Return of the King.

Oh, man! I just got back. It is awsome. The best ever IMO. I loved the first one alot, but this one is so much better! Everyone must see it. It is worth it.

Just got back, and it was great!!!!! When I saw Fellowship on opening night here there was maybe 20 people but tonight the place was full for Two Towers.

situation is same with Hungary... we will have it only next year..

Yeah, I hate this too. But dont want to spoil the experience by downloading it and watch it in crap quality.....
And Im looking forward to seeing the new Fellowship DVD with the extra 30-something minutes footage. They call it Director' cut or like.

Hmmm, somehow this thread went a totally different direction than planned!

Well, to follow behind: I saw it two nights ago, it was a good movie... but... well, which book was THAT movie based on?!? As far as I noticed, half of the book got changed, was pretty strange sometimes... and somehow I was a bit disappointed by the "unreal" look of the setting at Helm's Deep... guess that's just me, so I'll just shut up