Interview with Gerrit of Germany's SACRED STEEL

ryanofwar

New Metal Member
Feb 22, 2011
Interview with Gerrit of Germany's SACRED STEEL

Steel on Bone was recently fortunate enough to conduct an interview with Gerrit of Germany's Sacred Steel. These guys really rage and have been performing metal in the traditional style with unwavering dedication, skill, and conviction for 16+ years. Check out a couple of tunes to hear for yourself:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjUF8oCrRCE&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL33FB5BAD5DAFAEB8[/ame]

SoB: Thank you so much for doing the interview it is an honor!

Gerrit: Hi Ryan, this is Gerrit answering. Thank YOU for your support, man!

What is Sacred Steel currently up to?

Well, at the moment we are rehearsing for upcoming shows. We all have full-time jobs, families etc. but we try our best to keep Sacred Steel active. Plus we are looking for a label to release our new album entitled "The Bloodshed Summoning". But we´re in no hurry.

I see that on your website the history section ends at 2006. I’m sure much metal has transpired since then. I believe your last release was the fantastic Carnage Victory in 2009. Is there a new album in the works, and if so, when can we expect its release?

I really don't know who's taking care of our online stuff. I'm too old for stuff like this, haha. Our history definitely has not ended in 2006. We have played lots of shows since then and, as said before, we have recorded a new album already. I can't say yet when and where the album will be released though. We're checking the possibilities. It's obvious that our kind of music is not the flavour of the month (nor of the year or this decade :) ) but we´re sure that we´ll find a label willing to do its best. We're not expecting world domination anymore, haha.

Sacred Steel was formed in 1996 (if I have my story right). From what I can remember, those were some serious “un-metal” years (late 1990’s). MTV really wasn’t playing music anymore, and the bands that were big at the time were the Korn’s and Limp Bizkit’s of the world (at least in America). What made you guys wave the true metal flag? Was it a reaction to the times, or was it something else?

It surely was a reaction to the times. We all grew up in the 70's or 80's and it was extremely sad to see all our heroes conquered and forgotten back then. Nowadays I must admit that the metal scene is way better than in the 90´s and most of our heroes now finally get the honour they truly deserve. Some of them even came back to play at events like, Doom Shall Rise, Bang Your Head, Swordbrothers, Hammer Of Doom or Keep It True. So we've somehow lost the reason to exist. Goodbye!!!!......................:)

For the rest of the interview, please go to:

http://steelonbone.blogspot.com/2012/07/interview-with-sacred-steels-gerrit-p.html

Last edited by a moderator: