Introduce Yourself - the n00b thread

I've been here some time now, but haven't really introduced myself, cause I find that a bit pompous...

But anyways..

Hi, I'm Jonas, the biggest Opeth-fan in like all of Northern norway ^^
I play in a black metal-band called Omega, very much inspired by Opeth. A little more dradle-esque vocals, but pretty cool I think. I play drums.

cheers ;)

Hello all. The name's Daniel.

I've been into opeth since late 2004 and they have been one of my favorite bands ever since. I didn't get to see them live until last May, though. It was during the Progressive Nation tour and seeing Opeth play with Dream Theater (another favorite band) was a dream come true.

I was born and raised in New York City but currently reside in New Jersey.

So yeah that's about it. I look forward to being a member of the forums.

Oh, is anyone attending Opeth's NYC show in September? I will certainly be there.

hey... I've been going through this forum for the last couple of days and I quite like it .... I started listening to Opeth couple of years ago and my fav one is non the less but Damnation ....not that the other albums are any less good, especially Watershed ,this last couple of months its on my playlist 24/7 :) ... so ....I think that would be it from me for tonight ...cause its only 4 am here where I live :D ....

Wazzup I'm new to this forum and I'm pretty new to Opeth... I know them for about a year and they're my fav band and I think I know a lot about them compared to the time I know them.
My older brother was in this forum way before I was and I'm here only a few days so if someone actually reads this thread I FUCKING LOVE OPETH :headbang:

Thank you for your time.

Oh and if I was supposed to tell a bit more about myself and my adore to Opeth - well...
Fav album - Blackwater Park
Fav song - Master's Apprentices
and why I love Opeth? BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING AWESOME

Edit: forgot to tell of my age and such, I´m a male, 20 years (88), and currently live in Norway.
Other bands I like is; Evergrey, Porcupine Tree and Pain of Salvation, just to mention a few.

I´ve loved the band since late 2004/early 2005, can´t totally recall, was prior to Ghost Reveries at least.
Got all their albums, even got two copies of some. BWP 2-disc, Still Life digibook edition, and Ghost Reveries Special Edition (also got regular).
I think Watershed is one of their best cds, ever. I like all their albums. Been searching for some similar bands, but I´ve not come across some, yet.
The only must be Subterannean Masquarde who had a song who seemed quite Opeth´ish in the start, I ordered their EP. Anyone familiar with this band?
Oh, seen band twice, Wacken Open Air ´08, and at Lillehammer Metal Rock Fest 08. I was second row at Wacken, it was fucking mindblowing!
Plans to see them at London and possibly Gøteborg, haven´t decided to go or not yet, although I think I will attend at least one of the shows.

And here goes, the master piece:

Took it 4.september, both as a statement towards my passion for the band and their music, but also to pin-point my love for music in general. What better symbol than this? :)

Edit: nehal ,lovely pic in your signature :D

Well I guess I could post here as well...

My name is Janne, 27 years old. I'm Finnish but have lived all my life in Sweden, right now in Haparanda which resides on the very border to Finland in the North of Sweden.
I studied five years at Musikhögskolan i Piteå (music college), and work now as a music teacher (80% guitar students, 10% bass and piano students and 10% music class, 7th to 9th grade). I majored in classical piano, but electric guitar has always been my first instrument.

I play guitar in a black/death metal band called Cryptic Death and piano in a folk music/singer/songwriter/pop band called (for the moment) Sami Bergman Band. I also sing 2nd bass in a semi-professional classical choir called Erik Westbergs Vokalensemble.

Opeth is one of my absolute favourite bands of all time, other personal favs include Metallica (first five albums), Meshuggah, Dissection, Emperor, Decameron, Unanimated, Bloodbath, Naglfar, Arcturus, Ne Obliviscaris, At the Gates, Edge of Sanity, Dan Swanö, Scar Symmetry, Testament, Stone, Children of Bodom (first 4 albums), Katatonia, Unleashed, Dismember, Entombed, The Arcane Order, Vargavinter, Immortal, Diabolical Masquerade, Megadeth, Morbid Angel, Limbonic Art, Gehenna, Primordial, Ulver (first 3 albums), Marzi Nyman, Allan Holdsworth, Symphony X, Liquid Tension Experiment, Pat Metheny, Iiro Rantala New Trio, Väsen, Ranarim and many many many more!
Among classical music I love Bach, Beethoven and Rachmaninoff more than anything else. Chopin, Rautavaara and Mäntyjärvi are also among my favourites!

Other hobbies: soccer (Swedish 4th division), floorball (4th div. until last year), books (Tolkien, GRR Martin, Moorcock, Pratchett, Koontz, Vuorinen etc.) and movies.

The only must be Subterannean Masquarde who had a song who seemed quite Opeth´ish in the start, I ordered their EP. Anyone familiar with this band?

Yes - brilliant band, brilliant EP, though hardly Opeth like. I think quite a few people here would like them. Can't wait for a follow up to Suspended Animation Dreams, though I'm not sure it'll happen.

Yes - brilliant band, brilliant EP, though hardly Opeth like. I think quite a few people here would like them. Can't wait for a follow up to Suspended Animation Dreams, though I'm not sure it'll happen.

Only similar part was like 20 secs from the start of one song. :lol:
Can´t remember if it was from the EP or the cd, I just heard it on Last.fm when I had on Opeth tagged radio.

I guess I never introduced myself.

My name's Emanuel, I'm 19 and I'm from Argentina. I've been listening to Opeth for the last two years and I frakking love them! It's a shame we've never seen Opeth live but we never give up hope.

See you at the forums.