INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

^ lmfao

I'm starting to like this forum you remind me of a.. ahem, certain respectable group I'm in.

66fc60ea16d0cdebf39e59d5448f555b4878be48b588f4f600e82ddc0019c9c7.jpg

Martin, from London, working in music promotion and just announced our first gig as a promoter.

Well I've been checking for places with other metalheads and I dunno, UK facebook groups are quite dead for that it seems. Unless there's a secret Illuminati metal clubhouse I don't know about.

As for Twitter?
pls no I hate twitter. Don't make me go back there D:

Is metal on the decline? I don't think it would be considering like Wacken gets sold out instantly.

Back in the old days to advertise sites like this one we would band together as a community and put big signs up at gigs and hand out flyers at various metalhead bars/pubs and it actually worked cause the sites got huge member increases from it.

Although that said, people would literally just come on these kinda sites to meet people near them so they didn't have to go to gigs alone and I guess other social media like meetup.com has that covered now. *shrug*

Lunella...

Think about this, many bands ditching their websites for Facebook pages, a tweet gets instant response, so 'old school' has declined somewhat but its replacements are fairly cool too.

Saying that, I don't agree with Facebook pages replacing websites... it's like iTunes replacing CD's!!! Bands are losing their identities and exclusivity by not having a website, by all means use Facebook but keep your damn websites!!!

As for handing out flyers... hmm... mine is at http://m-livepro.com/03d1-160827-circus-maximus.php - should be a good show!!

Reactions: Lunella
Metal discussion outside of social media often happens in the comment sections of review websites.

Unfortunately, they are the most cancerous shit ever.

So much arse ache just to find other like-minded metalheads online to befriend haha, these days I normally find them hurdled in a corner on GW2 or other games with pvp lol

@MLivePro Yeah I agree, although not many of them seem to keep their websites because not many people use them very often these days so I can see why they'd have a page and social media team nowadays, but it's a shame everyones feeding into the corporate bs that is facebook as it's only making it stronger, I don't even really like it tbh but it is useful since everyone else uses it so you kinda gotta hop on the train so to speak.
Good luck with yer gigs btw, I'm in Manchester else I'd pop by. :p

@Snyde Yeah I did that once, not doing it again. You mean like Metal Injection and all those? They're just filled with trolls and really repetitive people who just want arguments. Blah.

@Lunella Yes, Metal Injection, MetalSucks, Pitchfork, Blabbermouth, they just gather the worst kinds of people. The only metal review site I post in is AngryMetalGuy, which is pretty civil and actually about music.