Irish thread

To be honest i know only two bands from Ireland so far... Primordial and Cruachan. So i look forward to hear from more metal bands, specially (so called) folk-metal bands. :)

There doesn't seem to be a very big metal scene in Ireland (at least there aren't that many famous bands), but I think Primordial and Cruachan are more than enough :D :D . I have yet to listen to "Storm Before Calm" but I loved "Folk-Lore" (great songs)... It seems that it's the same with all the "small" countries (if you can call Ireland small), there are a few great bands but most of the rest of the scene is underground...

If you like Primordial, then try to get your hands on Belinus- Battlechants. It's their demo CD, but it is great stuff. Good quality and nice packaging for a demo. Very professional.

For those of you into the death/doom scene, check out Arcane Sun. Fabulous band. Their self titled debut blows the hell out of Katatonia or Anathema.

If you like black metal, try Geasa- Angel's Cry. Clean vocals and black metal vocals present in this CD. Fantastic record. Their new one is coming out soon.

Mourning Beloveth is good. Slow, plodding funeral doom. For fans of Morgion. Good stuff.

Mourning Beloveth is good but not really funeral doom. Somewhere in between of that and doom/death.

Riffmaster General are a great classic metal band from Ireland and have one of the best band names ever.

if you want something refreshing check out Lunar Gate. i'm lovi'n what i'm hearing'

my favorite band i've heard from the island is Scald. check them out, if you haven't, they're really gritty, raw metal without the confinement of typical rhytm and have been around for years.