IRON MAIDEN Announce Details For 'Somewhere Back In Time World Tour' - Sep. 5, 20

Chris Lotesto

Uncle Fester
Aug 6, 2004
www.ionvein.com
HOLY FUCK!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

To tie in with forthcoming 2008 releases on DVD of the classic "Live After Death" and "Maiden England" concert videos (more details coming soon) this tour, aptly entitled "Somewhere Back In Time", will revisit the band's history by focusing almost entirely on the '80s in both choice of songs played and the stage set, which will be based around the legendary Egyptian production of the 1984-85 Powerslave tour. This will arguably be the most elaborate and spectacular show the band have ever presented, and will include some key elements of their Somewhere In Time tour of 1986/7, such as the cyborg Eddie.

fully story:
www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=80152

This will rule beyond belief!!! :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Maiden on the Powerslave tour was my first concert ever.
To say I am excited about this is a severe understatement.

The clean up crew better bring some extra towels because the amount of ball gravy committed will be off the charts!

It was my first show ever as well.....with Accept at Poplar Creek....man, I can't
wait, I'll definitely be catching a few of these for sure!!

Wow...Chris, you're as old as I am (Happy Birthday BTW!!:kickass::headbang:)....wierd that that would be your first show ever.....hubby and I are definitely gonna go to at least one of these too....saw them when Bruce first got back....the man still kicks a$$ on stage, let's see if he can still pull off "Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner" :worship:

Am I the only person who isn't completely apeshit over Powerslave?

No...I agree. Although I do think it's a good solid album, Maiden has far better ones...well, pretty much anything that came before it. ;)

I think the excitement surrounding that album is that it was their first HUGE production tour & quite memorable for any Maiden fan. :kickass:

I wonder if they'll roll back ticket prices to 1980's levels, too? :)

Ken

Yeah no kidding, I found this pic on ebay, it's from 1987.

cfb7_1_b.jpg

No...I agree. Although I do think it's a good solid album, Maiden has far better ones...well, pretty much anything that came before it. ;)

Great Rob, now I have to go into rabid Maiden fanboy mode on ya! :lol:

You really can't compare the S/T and Killers to anything that followed.
The music was a lot more simple and straight forward to match Paul's more punk vocal style. Don't get me wrong, I love the D'ianno stuff too.

As a complete album though, I do agree that NOTB and POM > Powerslave.

Yeah no kidding, I found this pic on ebay, it's from 1987.

cfb7_1_b.jpg

This reminds me. I found all my old ticket stubs in my crawlspace a couple weeks ago. I need to pull them out.

Yeah, I remember all the Aragon shows in the 80s weren't more than $13 to $15.

Arena gigs in the 80s that I went to were more in the $17 to $20 range.

Great Rob, now I have to go into rabid Maiden fanboy mode on ya! :lol:

You really can't compare the S/T and Killers to anything that followed.
The music was a lot more simple and straight forward to match Paul's more punk vocal style. Don't get me wrong, I love the D'ianno stuff too.

?!?!?!?! You are obviously on crack!! :lol:

Sure, some songs may have been simple, although some were definitely NOT!! Either way, ALL of the songs on those first two kicked ass...unlike the latter albums, which had more filler IMO.

Regardless...these are merely opinions. Disagree all you want. :p

?!?!?!?! You are obviously on crack!! :lol:

Sure, some songs may have been simple, although some were definitely NOT!! Either way, ALL of the songs on those first two kicked ass...unlike the latter albums, which had more filler IMO.

Regardless...these are merely opinions. Disagree all you want. :p

We are talking about two different aspects of their music.
I am speaking of the technicality of the music.
You are speaking of your liking of the actual songs.

Bottom line is, YES! They do ALL kick ass.

We are talking about two different aspects of their music.
I am speaking of the technicality of the music.
You are speaking of your liking of the actual songs.

Bottom line is, YES! They do ALL kick ass.

Yes & No. I think their instrumentals "Transylvania" & "Genghis Khan" are far better "technicality" speaking than anything they did later.

Yes & No. I think their instrumentals "Transylvania" & "Genghis Khan" are far better "technicality" speaking than anything they did later.

Than ANYTHING they did later??!!??
As you said, matter of opinion.
I consider the first two albums a completely different era of the band.
The overall feel is just simply different, at least to me.

What do I know? I am one of the few people I know who actually like some songs on the X Factor!!! :lol: