IRON MAIDEN unveil album art & announce single

DREAMASTER

Iron In The Soul
Apr 1, 2002
PORTUGAL
www.metal-rules.com
Following the announcement of the forthcoming early September release of their new studio album "A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH", Iron Maiden reveal their front cover artwork!

The album artwork:
IID00002173.JPG

Also announced is the news that THE REINCARNATION OF BENJAMIN BREEG will be released as a very special single on 14th August.

Says Steve Harris, “This is a very intense album in many ways and we really wanted to go with a lead track that demonstrated that in the best way, rather than going for a shorter track on the album just to please the chart rules. Benjamin Breeg is a great example of the feel of the album in it’s really heavy riff and lyrically it’s a very dark, atmospheric and powerful song which really epitomizes what the album is all about for us. So it made a natural choice for us.”

In true Maiden style, the single will be released in two special Limited Edition formats, which by content will not be eligible for the UK singles chart. Manager Rod Smallwood explained, “There are various chart rules compliant to number of tracks, the maximum running time, price structure and all the rest of it. As for the new Maiden single - its simple - we’re putting out a two track CD - THE REINCARNATION OF BENJAMIN BREEG and HALLOWED BE THY NAME (Legends Session) and if it’s too long to qualify for the charts, then so be it. We have no problem with it being non-chart eligible.

EMI will also release a special 7” picture disc with collectable sticker of the ‘Crossed Guns’ Logo. B sides to both formats are from last years amazing ‘Radio 1 legends session recorded especially for the Zane Lowe show.

Limited Edition 2 track CD
The reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Hallowed be thy Name (Radio 1 ‘Legends’ Session)

Limited Edition 7” picture disc
(To include ‘Crossed Gun Logo’ sticker)
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
c/w Run To The Hills (Radio 1 ‘Legends’ Session)
The Trooper (Radio 1 ‘Legends’ Session)

Tank_logo.jpg

I'm not a fan of all the photoshopped figures and Eddie is waaaay too small....but its the way of things these days.

At least it's not a bad as the Dance of Death cover, that was so terrible that no one even took credit for it in the CD booklet.

Photoshop...adobe photoshop....program art....The figures are either manipulated WWII images with skulls pasted on them or figures from a poser program....none of this is actual organic artwork. Looks more like a DC comics/Vertigo image....its cool , just not as good as it could of been if they would of hired someone proficiant in painting War images.

Why they used American soldiers is beyond me.

It looks as if Eddie, the tank and the landscape wer the original piece. The soldiers look added as do a couple of bodies on the ground.

Tommy is the resident expert so I take his word for it.

Jim

The helmets and uniforms are typical for U.S. infantry in WWII and Vietnam as well as the Thompson Eddie is holding and the M16 rifles on the logo thingy. The tank is a bit puzzling...I'm trying to figure out the make...the body looks a German Panzer/Tiger without headlights while the turret seems American...possibly Russian.

I hate the figure on the lower right....looks like he's trying to prop himself up with the corner CD sleeve.

This cover reminds me of a Tim Bradstreet piece...

I'm glad they finally revealed it though...now I can do my own versions........yayyy !

:kickass:

Tap_Legion2 said:
I'm glad they finally revealed it though...now I can do my own versions........yayyy !

And will you share those with us Tommy? I'd love to see your take on this. I like the concept but the artwork needs help.

Jim

Doodoobubbachuck said:
The skeleton of the dead person on the ground in the front left hand bottom of the cover died with his boot(s) on.

:lol: Go ahead Linda, give yourself a rimshot. :lol:

Tap_Legion2 said:
T

Dooo eeeet! Then once we have the CD we can print out high quality copies of yours and slide it in over the cover :) hah