Is half.com shutting down soon?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Has anyone been getting e-mails from half.com sellers explaining that they're moving to set up stores on eBay in light of half.com being shut down this summer?

Here's an excerpt from one e-mail I got...

Comment/Question: We're moving! Rhiannonna is packing up her selection of CDs and ditching half.com before it disappears this summer. The kind people at ebay (who also are the evil killers of half.com... hmmmm) have offered a new haven for my stuff at stores.ebay.com/Thread-Beat-Riff-Lair. Some of our best products have already found their way there. Thread Beat Riff Lair is where music and clothing live together in darkness, a store specializing in hard to find metal and rare metal CDs...

etc etc.

Seems like eBay are shutting it down, so people are setting up eBay stores instead. All the e-mails are coming in from people who I've bought from previously (not random sellers), so not everyone will be notified until eBay announce it.

Because I am a seller on half.com, I got an email from them saying that they are indeed "integrating" with ebay in the near future. I have no idea what that means, but the email was about 6 billion words long and I learned nothing from it.

I think they basically felt half.com wasn't making them enough money. They tried to explain how ebay would better serve my needs, but I need to leave something for sale for a long period of time. I don't know how they're going to accomplish that for me on ebay. Not everybody sells Nora Jones and Outkast CDs. Bastards!

npearce said:
Because I am a seller on half.com, I got an email from them saying that they are indeed "integrating" with ebay in the near future. I have no idea what that means, but the email was about 6 billion words long and I learned nothing from it.
I recently filed a claim with half.com because somebody ripped me off by not sending me the CD (or never responding to e-mails). In legal terms, half.com is not an auction site between buyer and seller, it's technically an on-line store, so my refund had to come from half.com. Now they have to deal with the crooked seller and I am no longer in the equation. This is probably an administrative nightmare for them.

I think eBay on the other hand has enough disclaimers explaining that if you buy, you buy at your own risk with little protection. In fact, even when you buy something, you're paying the seller directly.