• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
I respect both sides of this issue. I don't understand people who eat meat but are anti-hunting, though. It's okay to confine animals in pens and slaughter them, but hunting an animal in the wild (whose odds of survival are much better, obviously) is wrong?

At least breeding animals for food is sort of functional, it's for food and no one denies it. While hunting used to be for food, it has nothing to do with it now, only the victory is what counts. Plus it's become somehow automatized, it's not that you go out to have a fight with the animal, no way, you just shoot it, it's whether you can take a good aim or not. But it just gives you power that you can kill without risking your own skin, and this kind of killing is legal, substitution for killing other people. I think hunting as it is now is a shame.

my granpa hunts elks, and we eat them. nothing wrong with that i think. its better that way so they can live free and then die fast.

elzka said:
my granpa hunts elks, and we eat them. nothing wrong with that i think. its better that way so they can live free and then die fast.
Right, I don't think hunting is wrong if the animals are for consumption. Actually, that is more ethical than the way we produce our meat these days.

Bambi said:
Prior to the invention of rifles, I dont think many hunters lost their lives in ferocious combat with rabbits and deer
AQ4762G.jpg

Bambi said:
Prior to the invention of rifles, I dont think many hunters lost their lives in ferocious combat with rabbits and deer

I said risking your skin, and mind you, even when I want Rozi rabbit to get out of under the wardrobe, I'm fucking risking my skin. Fuck, I should've taken a picture of my hand after a not-so-ferocious combat with her, baby rabbit, my ass.

And I haven't even tried to kill her, nor have I intended to give my blood for any living or dead.

Where's your :erk: smiley, btw?

I'd be glad to go after a moose with a sword, but I don't think it would be any better for the animal if I cut of it's legs before killing it.

It used to be that hunting was essential for survival (or as a last resort) Today we can go to the shops and order meat, we do not have to make a sport out of killing defenseless creatures. To me the sporting aspect of it is rather unethical, moreso than the consumption of the animal itself but I can also see the other side of the arguement.