Is my EMG - 81 Pickup Faulty? - HELP

LeighMetal

New Metal Member
Jun 20, 2007
Yo,

I have just purchased a Jackson RR-24 with the single Active EMG-81 in the Bridge position. My immediate reaction when hearing the EMG for the first time was that I loved the heavy tone but the pickup seems to add a Chorus effect to the sound. Is this meant to happen? - I have read many reviews on the 81 and not one mentions a chorus type effect being heard. I have only ever used passive Seymour Duncans (TB10 - Full Shred)before so have never heard this chorus type effect from a pickup.

Can anyone advise if this is faulty or not, is there a way to get rid of the chorus effect if I so wished?

Thanks for your time,

Leigh :headbang:

Yo,

I have just purchased a Jackson RR-24 with the single Active EMG-81 in the Bridge position. My immediate reaction when hearing the EMG for the first time was that I loved the heavy tone but the pickup seems to add a Chorus effect to the sound. Is this meant to happen? - I have read many reviews on the 81 and not one mentions a chorus type effect being heard. I have only ever used passive Seymour Duncans (TB10 - Full Shred)before so have never heard this chorus type effect from a pickup.

Can anyone advise if this is faulty or not, is there a way to get rid of the chorus effect if I so wished?

Thanks for your time,

This might be a duh moment but have you checked your amp for built in effects that are on? try it on a differant amp see if it sounds differant.

Yo,

Thanks for your time,

^ as he said, check the amp... because i have RR24 with EMG 81 and everything is excellent... i even have it on my warrior, and its fine...