Isn't Opeth copyrighted? Question about ebay items.

yeah those are both fakes, ive seen these guys before, theres another guy who sells out of mexico, loud machine i think its called, his are hard to figure out though, he had still life but it didnt have them members on the back, it just said still life and had a weird design. its all fake though.

I used to buy bootleg DVD's from a guy on ebay. Then one day he just vanished. :(

Got some kick ass DVD's though.

"Fake" is a bad word to use. "Unofficial" is the correct one. Even if it is illegal, you have to ask yourself, "who cares?" I didn't even look at the shirts, but if you like them, buy it and support the person making them. He/she is a fan just like anyone else, putting things out there for other fans. If a band would ever want to sue their own fans, fuck them.

Yeah, you get dirty gypsies making bootleg gear all the time. I have a bootleg Opeth shirt from London, the print is awful quality and it shrank after being washed once lol.

One thing you can say is sometimes they have quite interesting art on them. That Still Life shirt makes it look like an old school death metal album, for example.

I agree with you, if the band (& the label btw) are not concerned, they can't sell them. Risky thing.
...and I apologize but the render is horrible. looks like wal-mart. sorry.

"Fake" is a bad word to use. "Unofficial" is the correct one. Even if it is illegal, you have to ask yourself, "who cares?" I didn't even look at the shirts, but if you like them, buy it and support the person making them. He/she is a fan just like anyone else, putting things out there for other fans. If a band would ever want to sue their own fans, fuck them.

Not necessarily. They are fake. Also known as "bootleg" shirts. I also refer to them as "parking lot" shirts. I wouldn't trust that it's just innocent die-hard fans selling them becauce they love the band so much.:Smug:

have you ever been at a concert in italy?
people selling tons of fake t-shirts at the entrance in front of policemen who do simply nothing... and people buys fakes for 10 euros instead than official for 25...

that's how it works here and mikael said that also in a blog on his myspace page

that's terrible

too me someone who sells a fake isn't a die-hard fan, just some asshole who wants to profit off of the reputation and success of someone else

I've never seen fake shirts being sold outside a Opeth show. It's always at the civic center/arena/amputheater shows that I see people selling them.

Tbh I can't see how one can proudly wear these shirts and say they're a fan. They're not supporting the band in any way except pissing them off and harm their sale. And those "artworks" are an insult to the band and the graphic artist. Making profit on sb else's work is bad enough, let alone stealing, (poorly IMO) re-design, call it your own and try to sell it.