Istanbul scream for you!!!

Pyros

New Metal Member
Mar 15, 2008
Wow! what a great show. To be honest it was far more better than i have expected.

Ladies you rockkkk. I hope you enjoyed at Istanbul cause we did :kickass::kickass:

Waiting for yours next in Istanbul :headbang::headbang:
Alp

Hi, this is my first post:) I am Dogu, (as the maidens pronounce: dohuuu or doug or dooh:p), I was the DJ in the Turkey shows. The concerts were all great. Turkish metalheads never saw the classic Iron Maiden, so these shows were like consolation prizes:)

Eskisehir concert was the one which has less crowd but the show was the most metalic, exciting and wildest one of all three! In Ankara the band's performance was the best but not the crowd, in Istanbul band and the crowd were great, but not the sound system:) But in three of the concerts Turkish maidenheads had a lot of fun, much more fun then they expected. I am sure that the ones who watch the shows love iron maiden's music even more! For example I was thinking of going to only one Maiden concert in summer but now I am thinking and planing on watching them more than 3 or 4 in Europe:) And of course I want to see MaidenS again. Why watch some hairy old men when you can watch beautiful women (and a sexy menager:p) while listening to the same music?! Isn't it a little gay hehe:p

Thanks again! We have great memories from the shows and the tour that we will never forget! Up the maidenS!

I'm happy and sad at the same moment. Sad cause I'd love to be there
at all of the concerts but also happy that now Maidens know how
Turkey is. Hopefully they will come back one day again and this time
I'll be there as well. I can't wait to read their reactions and can't
wait to see them at the next San Diego concert :) From the reviews
I read in Turkish forums ( www.maidenturkey.com/mtforum ,
http://www.duslervekabuslar.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=1)
I know that lucky people who attended to those concerts are amazed
by Maidens. Well how could you expect less? :)

Welcome Dogu and Pyros!!!

I was in the concert in Istanbul,too and i was actually amazed.It was one of the few concerts that i enjoyed ultimately and i wished it did not last.The Maidens were fantastic.::kickass:
I will write more comments and upload some pictures i took.

I'm happy and sad at the same moment. Sad cause I'd love to be there
at all of the concerts but also happy that now Maidens know how
Turkey is. Hopefully they will come back one day again and this time
I'll be there as well. I can't wait to read their reactions and can't
wait to see them at the next San Diego concert :) From the reviews
I read in Turkish forums ( www.maidenturkey.com/mtforum ,
http://www.duslervekabuslar.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=1)
I know that lucky people who attended to those concerts are amazed
by Maidens. Well how could you expect less? :)

Welcome Dogu and Pyros!!!

Some great pics in there. Love this one of Wanda. :D

DSCN7021.jpg

Lotsa posts over there but what is the reaction of the fans? No speakee Turkish.

Jim

I read most of the posts and it sounds like they absolutely loved them! They already want them back :)
Looks like the Eskisehir gig was quite a riot indeed :headbang:
Oh and also, almost all the guys are torn apart between Wanda and Heather... :D

they are also saying that the concert in Eskişehir was the less crowded one but rocked.they liked the ladies because they were talkative and hot:)
they also say that in Istanbul it was great but the sound system was not very good,but metalheads had great time:headbang:

The Istanbul gig was awesome! The ladies were great. As a Maiden fan, i'm very pleased with their performance. That were just rockin'. And after the gig, we were able to chat with them, and ladies are really amiable and funny people. Ladies and me talked a lot about Maiden, MaidenS, Heavy Metal and possibility of another gig in Turkey. They are just great.
Thanx Maidens, we want another gig.
UP THE IRONS FOREVER

Welcome Pyros, thetalkinghead and Nomad 14! Istanbul was fantastic. It is truly one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen - just breathtaking! Photos can't do it justice - it must be seen to be believed.

It's especially good to see you here, Dogu. :kickass: We miss you guys already!

But I have to tell you all - for he is being very humble - he is far more than just a DJ- though he's a very good one!!! :) He is also a journalist and did an interview with us in Turkey's Headbang Magazine this month (who are celebrating their first anniversary). We will be posting it in the press section soon - though you'll need to get your Babelfish translators ready since it is Turkish.

It was his idea to bring the Maidens to Turkey and helped make it happen by hooking us up with Insomnia Productions. :headbang:

Well I had so much fun that night in Istanbul that i wanted to write a rewiew.Actually i did not listen to the Maidens before i heard they were coming to Turkey,though i have heard of them.After buying the ticket i had listened to them and thought they played great.
But once after the concert started I was shocked.I did not wait such a good performance.you made many rockers heads bang:kickass:
I'd like to thank you also for your playlist.it was very well chosen.i was very surprised and glad to hear Alexander the Great and Flight of Icarus especially.
Also my voice was nearly gone when i woke up next day:)
Aja's voice and stage moves were perfect.Sara plays very emotionally and Heather just rocks. Wanda's bass was one of the best i have watched live.Linda,well she was absolutely great.The relaxed style of her looked like she was not playing Nicko but hitting random notes:worship:
And the ladies were very talkative,which i liked best.I wish I could talk long with them but i did not trust my English actually.I suck when it comes to speaking:)But i did want all of their signs and took a picture with two of them,wish it was all of them.
We would like to see you again,Maidens.You rock.:headbang:
When i receive the pictures from my friend i will send them here.

Hello !

This is Onur from Turkey, the promoter of Turkish gigs.

I must admit that this was the best show that I've ever promoted. We all fell in love with the girls here and we will surely see them again in Turkey :).

Love you all!

But I have to tell you all - for he is being very humble - he is far more than just a DJ- though he's a very good one!!! :) He is also a journalist and did an interview with us in Turkey's Headbang Magazine this month (who are celebrating their first anniversary). We will be posting it in the press section soon - though you'll need to get your Babelfish translators ready since it is Turkish.

It was his idea to bring the Maidens to Turkey and helped make it happen by hooking us up with Insomnia Productions. :headbang:

Ha! I knew it had to be Dogu Yucel :)
I picked up a copy of Headbang when I went home back in October. There was this great article on women in Heavy Metal titled "Heavy Metal's Poision-Ivies" written by him. I've been hooked on the magazine ever since. I think both him and Caglan Tekil (another journalist/DJ) are two of the most influential figures along with some others of course, in the Turkish Heavy Metal Scene.
Here's props to you! :kickass: And, Happy Birthday to HEADBANG!

On another note - Welcome back girls!! :wave: