James' best guitar work - vote!

On which album do you think James is doing his best guitar work?

• CANCER - Death Shall Rise

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • DEATH - Spiritual Healing

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • DISINCARNATE - Dreams Of The Carrion Kind

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • KONKHRA - Weed Out The Weak

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • KONKHRA - The Freakshow EP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KONKHRA - Come Down Cold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OBITUARY - Cause Of Death

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • TESTAMENT - Low

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • TESTAMENT - Live At The Fillmore

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • TESTAMENT - The Gathering

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
I just love his solos on every album but I haven't checked out those Konkhra albums yet so I really can't say. And I don't think that would hep since Low, Spiritual Healing and Cause of Death are still tied for the first spot.

The Konkhra stuff is absolutely dismal (I loved them up to "Spit or Swallow" but they sound terrible now, and even JM can't bring 'em back towards quality. They sound like a teenage nu-metal band).
I'm tied between Death and Obituary - That opening solo on "Infection" is absolutely sublime, but the Death stuff is more harmonically interesting.
Disincarnate is excellent, but just a little too samey - it reminds me of Hate Eternal in many ways - the basic idea is excellent but not enough variation.

Havent any of you guys heard of Solstice?????? Not the UK band. I doubt you will find thier 1st cd but if you can do it. James does some great solos on this cd.

I almost thought this read as something along the lines of best guitarist. My vote would definitely go to Murphy! Either way the 2 solo albums should be listed! I can't believe they aren't but maybe a new poll with them added would be cool for the future. Or maybe we should do a a poll for was the best solo album?
I need to learn how to start one. This forum's layout is pretty cool. I'll be voting for Low by Testament. I don't know something about that album and the guitar soloing for "Trail of tears" just blows everything else away for me. That and I think it was actually the first cd I heard of James Murphy and it got me to grow an interest in knowing his other work.

JAH

Wow, I'm happy to see a variety of opinions here. I tend to agree with the thought made above that the disincarnate was kind of one dimensional. It was a great concept, it just didn't have enough variation. Something that I hope to remedy on the new one.

I absolutely cannot wait to hear the new Disincarnate stuff!!! I loved the first album! \m/

My favorites of James', that I've heard, would have to be his stuff on Testament's "Low", his first solo album "Convergence", and on "Spiritual Healing". I also really enjoy hearing how accurately he does the old Alex Skolnick solos on "Live at the Fillmore"......