James...Did you play in Solstice???????????

Pilgrim

I take pity on your holes
Mar 11, 2002
Urine Garden
Visit site
The cd booklet doesnt mention any of the names who played in the band. But I figured out it was Rob Barrett and Alex Marquez and the old singer from monstrosity. And the solos sound identical to your style. I've met you soo many times but its the one thing I forget to ask.

I did play on the Solstice CD as a guest and I played three or fourfour solos only. The rest of the solos were played by their other guitar player Dennis. The vocals weren't the guy from Monstrosity though. Rob Barret played guitar and also sang all of the vocals. Mark from Monstrosity played bass on the album though.

I hope that helps. At the moment I can't remember exactly which songs I played leads on, But I also sang back-ups on the cover of the old Carnivore track S.M.D. It was a fun record and they were great guys!

i just picked up this cd on ebay. i never got to hear it, but you had keyed me in on this band james, and also the band brutality bakc when i first talked to you.

Whats this about James mentioning Brutality to you? Thats funny you say that since my old friend told me about them and said these guys are into Murphy, you can hear it in the guitar playing (In Mourning). So I listenen to it and thought 'yeah kinda similar' but nothing was mentioned in the liner notes about him as a influence or anything. Many other guitarists were listed but thats odd seeing someone say that here.. hmm.

Brutality were so bad ass. what happened to them? any of the members start or join another band?

JAH

Originally posted by JAH
Whats this about James mentioning Brutality to you? Thats funny you say that since my old friend told me about them and said these guys are into Murphy, you can hear it in the guitar playing (In Mourning). So I listenen to it and thought 'yeah kinda similar' but nothing was mentioned in the liner notes about him as a influence or anything. Many other guitarists were listed but thats odd seeing someone say that here.. hmm.

Brutality were so bad ass. what happened to them? any of the members start or join another band?

JAH

No idea what happened to them, but their cover to Sabbath's Electric Funeral owns.

Brutality fuckin Kill!!! Check out the new band featuring Brutality Drummer Jim Coker and Guitarist Pete Sykes called CONTORTED out of Tampa Fl !!