Japan blows my mind again

Traxan

Mar 10, 2012
Just found this band, Liv Moon. The singer is half-Swedish, so she has a much stronger voice than most Japanese singers.

Except this band is basically inspired by early Nightwish and it WAS an all-female band. They have since been replaced with guys. You see the girls in these early videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well..... I appreciate what they do... and the singer has a lovely operatic voice... but this style just ain't my cup o' tea. I find the whole "church lady" voice juxtaposed over "metal" very annoying. I don't get the whole Nightwish thing. Not a hater. Just sayin'...

Wonder why they never showed the other girls' faces in the video. Are they not hot or something? :rolleyes:

Actually I've since learned the backup musicians are males. They just used girls for the video. I feel misled. :)

But Akane is something else. She can hold her own with Tarja and Floor.

BTW Kristen, are you familiar with Cyntia? They are essentially an all-girl Dream Theater.

Here's a good track from them. Not sure what's up with those outfits though.

Oh, and another band for you: Destrose, who are frequently compared to Maiden.

And Mary's Blood, featuring ex-members of Destrose. They are a little more raw.

That tiny bass player can really rip. And it's kinda interesting how Yoshi (red guitar) never uses her pinky. She keeps it curled all the time.

Speaking of guitarists, where are Cort and Nita? Haven't seen them in any threads in a long time.

I've noticed Gary Moore also rarely uses his pinky as well as some other big names. One scale I liked early is the Hungarian A minor, has a five fret stretch (they way I play it), cant imagine not using my pinky now. Cool video, thanks.

Video from the new album. A bit more thrashy but they look ridiculous.

And the hits keep coming.

http://rockchicksrule.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/rie-a-k-a-suzaku/

Rie, aka Suzaku, is a solo guitarist who writes all of the songs, but hires known singers to perform on her albums. So it's kinda like Orianthi, except she doesn't sing.

She can shred with the best of them, too.

Goddamn, America needs to get its act in gear. Japan is killing us when it comes to women in metal, as is Europe.