JOB FOR A COWBOY

i think they've got a new guy now

The new drummer did not play on the album. He joined before they recorded but he just watched the sessions.

New drummer is very good. Got to play shows with him when right up until he sent in his audition. Very cool guy too, well actually cool kid.. he's 19 haha..

i met these guys about a year ago. Buncha assholes mostly, but the drummer was really nice and actually chatted with us for a while, but last I heard they were replacing him so thats unfortunate. Can't say much about the music, it's not my style so I don't really want to critique it

and he's not just a "metalcore" producer (heard that many times).

I've always associated Andy with the European metal scene (and I include Nevermore in that, as they're largely dissimilar to the majority of American bands) and thrash. The fact that he's produced/engineered a few "metalcore" records is entirely incedental to me.

Granted, those of us posting on his forum are pretty unlikely to pigeonhole him- or any other producer or engineer- by their most commercially sucessful work.

Though I'm not really familiar with Job For A Cowboy, the new track on their Myspace site was definitely on the brutal side, and may help silence some of the aforementioned critics. It certainly doesn't sound much like KSE or As I Lay Dying... or Nevermore, or Arch Enemy, or Opeth, or Testament, or... but I digress. ;)

Holy shit this sounds way different from their other stuff... And none of those god-awful pig squeals.

I may have to buy this one for more than the production.

Curious on the guitars though? Reamped I assume.

Holy shit this sounds way different from their other stuff... And none of those god-awful pig squeals.

I may have to buy this one for more than the production.

Curious on the guitars though? Reamped I assume.

Godawful? hahaha.. those were awesome! and if you think that was bad, check this out!
www.myspace.com/Circleofdeadchildren
And the track bring her a mushroom cloud.:Smokin:

Old JFAC was pretty terrible, but I saw them recently and they played mostly new songs, which leaned much more toward straightforward death metal (like the song they just put up). Not bad at all...

I'm definitely liking the new song they posted. As someone already mentioned, it's a whole lot more brutal than the previous stuff. And obviously, great work on the production, Andy! I'm curious- when it comes to a band like Job For A Cowboy that has a much more spasmotic style drumming and tons more drum hits to replace, is the work a little more tedious for you or does it take the same amount of time as any other record?