Joey Belladonna..........is The Man

MEGAFAN71

Aug 23, 2003
Listen All Fellow Thrax Fans We Need To Get Joey Back On Top Where He Belongs...any One Go To The Among The Living Tour....i Was There They Destroyed.....the Magic That Was There On That Tour Was Not To Be Believed.....joey Kicks Serious Ass He Was At One Time Anthrax....i Love John Bush But You Put Him Back Then With Anthrax It Would Not Have Gone Over As Big........a Reunion Is What The Thrax Boys Need....joey And The Boys....i Know They Were Going To Do It And It Fell Out.....but As Fans If We Start To Say We Want It ...they Will Have To Do It......joey Joey Every One ...joey Joey....

Reactions: coronerox
If We Ban Together It Will Happen....if Anthrax Said Today Joey Is Back...what Do You Think Would Happen?????it Would Explode....big Halls The Works Everything

Im Also Going To Start My Own Web Page For Mr.belladonna.........so Once I Get It Up And Going Feel Free To Stop By...and Do Not Forget He Has His Own Page Too Joey Belladonna.com

Does your p.c naturally capitolize everyword or did you take a class in being annoying? Last I checked there where no vacancies in Anthrax and hopefully never will be again. Joey was great in his day. But he's really got to get a new gag besides that stupid stick microphone he uses.

I like the Joey-era Anthrax as much as the next guy,but with John in the band,it takes it to the next level.I never got to see Joey live with 'thrax.But I have live videos and cds,but after seeing the band in Pittsburgh a week ago,I think John commands the crowd and has a way better stage presence than Belladonna does.Besides you were going off on how great Bush is, and how he rocked in Rochester,now you want Belladonna back? I really don't think thats going to happen.

Reactions: coronerox
John sings Joey's parts brilliantly. John sings John's parts outstandingly.

Joey sings Joey's parts pretty well. But John's stuff would be too diverse for him. Nothing against him, but Bush is a better vocalist.

Joey's tendancy to do those cheesy power metal screams on the earlier albums annoyed me. I actually liked his performance on Persistance of Time, but his live work from the Killer A's video annoyed me. He was constantly going off-key, getting out-of-breath, and acting like a spaz. That's a bad combination for a metal singer, and I hear it's a big part of why he was fired.

There's that, and rumors of "personal problems". I saw someone in another thread make a vague reference to alcoholism issues. I don't know if Joey was really native american or not (he's wearing the "injun" cap as far back as the cartoons in STD, and the native community has a history of problems with drinking, substance abuse, and depression), but Anthrax doesn't need issues like that. They have enough shit to deal with as it is.

I don't know if Joey's cleaned up anything that might have been fucking up his life with Anthrax, but I wish him the best regardless. Right now, John Bush is doing an excellent job, and if it ain't broke, ya don't fix it. I know that a lot of people accuse him of being a "generic metal singer", but he has a sense of lyrical rhythm and melody that Joey could never touch. THe man could read a wine list, and it'd sound cool. Joey was fun, but eternally frustrating. John works. I go with John. :cool:

The Joey era is over finished gone done out, Joey's never comming back, period and it's nobodys fault but his own, he had his chance a while back and blew it and to be honest, I'm glad he did.

never say never they said that about kiss putting the make-up back-on....and in case you didnt know this ANTHRAX are huge kiss fans....i think deep down scott ian know the way to go is joey....and it will happen....dont be posers here ive been there since the start with these guys...most of you here never even saw joey with them live so how can you talk you guys were probably in dipers when among the living hit the shelves so dont talk about whats best for anthrax because i was there from the start if you where to you would know thats why they got joey in the first place....

and im not really saying john vs.joey...im saying we should want a reunion tour for all of us....it would be great for us and anthrax......i do love joeys solo stuff too its great...has anyone checked out joeys solo cds???they are great

If you were paying attention, they had plans for a tour with both Joey and John a few years ago. Joey held out for more money and the band told him to take a hike. It's not going to happen. Give it up.

:erk:

Rich

im just saying in order for anthrax to survive a reunion is the shit.....you know sanctuary records is pure shit...no backing what so ever...no promotion for the band at all...if they somehow get joey,,,you know everyone would go crazy.like halford back in priest

MEGAFAN71 said:
never say never they said that about kiss putting the make-up back-on....and in case you didnt know this ANTHRAX are huge kiss fans....i think deep down scott ian know the way to go is joey....and it will happen....dont be posers here ive been there since the start with these guys...most of you here never even saw joey with them live so how can you talk you guys were probably in dipers when among the living hit the shelves so dont talk about whats best for anthrax because i was there from the start if you where to you would know thats why they got joey in the first place....

Christ, dude,back off. First off don't even call us posers on here cause alot of these guys on the board have seen them w/Joey.They're just happier with Bush.He sings better, contributes to the songwriting process,and has total command of the stage.Joey was good for his time,but the band wanted a change and got tired of him not giving any input to songs and when lyrics were handed out for him to sing,he just didn't deliver like they would've liked him too. I was 12 years old when ATL came out and was hooked,and no I wasn't in diapers just cause I didn't get a chance to see them with Joey..The only time I had the chance was on the Clash tour but I got sick and couldn't go. My buddy told me the next day that He was glad I didn't go cause Joey's performace was shitty,he sang off key and acted like the show was a waste of time for him. They did attempt a reunion,back in 2000,but Joey acted like it was still 1988 and demanded a ton of money and was supposedly also talked out of it because of Spitz.Why the hell would the band take a step backwards,and have to deal with that again? I couldn't belive that you were going off on how Anthrax was great in Rochester,and you started that "John Bush Destroyer Club" thread and going off on how great he was,and now all of a sudden you want them back with Joey?? If you want to hear 'thrax tunes with Joey,have the Penny Arcade book the 'thrax tribute band Among The Living,they got Joey singing for them so you can enjoy all the classic thrax tunes with Belladonna singing. You're entitled to your opinion,man but you have no good reasons to back up your opinion,and then you name drop ppl on the board for their opinions....think about it....

Well, it's only fitting to have a Joey stalker on this board since we already have a Spitz stalker (Buddy). Should we take volunteers for a Turbin stalker or should we just wait patiently?

Rich