JOHN BUSH: My Time With ANTHRAX Is 'Over' - Sep. 25, 2005

Buddy_Love_Bomb said:
The way I look at it now is, If Anthrax can only continue with Joey, then so be it. I am more of a Bush fan, but the live shows with Joey are really kickin ass. I will be sad if we nolonger see our fav Bush songs in the set. But like a few have been saying from the begining, "Any Anthrax, is Better Than No Anthrax" I have been a fan of this band for Just about 20 years of my 26yr life. I will not stop being a fan now, just because the person who was singing in the band when I first started liking the band, is now back. We will all have to see what the future hold's for the band (Even The Band its self) I'm gunna be there no matter what. Long Live Anthrax!!!

Early fucking bloomer !! When I was six I was listening to nursery rhymes, sesame street and the beatles. You were blasting Anthrax! my oh my

AlexStomp said:
Early fucking bloomer !! When I was six I was listening to nursery rhymes, sesame street and the beatles. You were blasting Anthrax! my oh my

Yep sure was. Thanks to my cousin who was my baby sitter I am a Anthrax fan. Without her, I dont know what I would be listening to. If I go by what most people around here(Gary Indiana) if would be rap. Thank god for my cousin!!

i've seen you guys every tour since spreading the disease. numerous cities. i've never left a venue saying that wasn't a great show no matter who was on stage . i hope the future holds less bumps in the road. you guys work your balls off and deserve all the respect and recognition a twenty year band should have. thanks for your posts.

AlexStomp said:
Antonio gets his Sesame Street, but he's been exposed to Thrax since he was in the womb. He was barely 16 months when Anthrax would come on in the car, I'd look back and see Antonio in his car seat banging his head with a big grin on his face. When he became a huge Spiderman fan, it didn't take much to show him how by flipping your hand over when you "spin a web", you're now giving the horns, which is much cooler than Spiderman. His 3rd birthday is a week from tomorrow (time flies, doesn't it?), and this past week he's been learning how to give the horns with both hands at the same time ("it's hard, daddy"..."no, son, it's heavy").

But Antonio was quite literally born and raised on John-era Thrax. I on the other hand grew up with Joey, but John made me a fan. Anthrax with Joey was okay, Armored Saint with John was okay, but Anthrax with John fucking ruled. I can't go back now, I won't go back. If Anthrax decides to move backwards, best of luck to them, but it will be without me as a fan. I'd prefer Anthrax with John Bush, but if that ceases to be, I will remain a John Bush fan.

Mr. Wu, I've always thought that it was such a cool thing that you post here, read the messages, and even reply to fan email. And maybe because of that, we've set ourselves up with unrealistic expectations as fans, we want answers, answers that you can't give, for whatever reason, but don't blame us for asking. Is it wrong to care about what is happening with our favorite band? (And that doesn't make me obsessed...if I was going to obsess over a celebrity, trust me, I'd obsess over someone with a much nicer rack) Mr. Wu, you've said repeatedly that you can't answer the questions of what's going to happen next because you don't know yet...and of course that's reasonable, because it's up to everyone, not just you. But you must have an idea of which direction you'd prefer to go. Again, I can understand why you wouldn't state that either, because whatever answer you give, you risk offending somebody in the band (past or present) with your opinion, which in the end isn't only up to you. But I can't help but feel that the longer the silence goes, the more risk there is of offending somebody (read: John) by not supporting them and losing that option anyway. We're fortunate that you take the time to communicate with us, but really, you would make a great politician with your noncommital answers. But I'm not looking for a politician, and so all the ambivalent answers that don't give any answers have been very frustrating for me, and have caused me to lose a lot of faith in the band that I have loved for so long.

Maybe I just shouldn't care any more. Maybe I just shouldn't come back to the board anymore, hoping for an answer that I'll never find. But damnit, I'll be stuck coming back here, 'cause damn if I'm going to let anybody else win the "Who gets the last word?" thread :D

nafnikufesin said:
..............I can't help but feel that the longer the silence goes, the more risk there is of offending somebody (read: John) by not supporting them and losing that option ......................

................and so all the ambivalent answers that don't give any answers have been very frustrating for me, and have caused me to lose a lot of faith in the band that I have loved for so long.

Good points. I feel the same way.
:(

nafnikufesin said:
Antonio gets his Sesame Street, but he's been exposed to Thrax since he was in the womb.

That's cool! I've done the same with my kids!
Although I don't have an Anthrax shirt that would fit them, I have a pic of my daughter learning the right way!!

240083523_l.jpg

mrthrax said:
since when has a change of members ever gone smoothly lol,as if there aint gonna be shit flying behind the scenes.

Not only that, but it's the same fucking shit that goes on in almost every band: Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Slayer, Overkill, Rush, Testament, Exodus, Korn (!), Angra, Sabbath, Dio, Deep Purple, Yes, Pantera and Van Halen all come to mind as bands that have had personal issues, many of which revolve around member changes.

jdelpi said:
Not only that, but it's the same fucking shit that goes on in almost every band: Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Slayer, Overkill, Rush, Testament, Exodus, Korn (!), Angra, Sabbath, Dio, Deep Purple, Yes, Pantera and Van Halen all come to mind as bands that have had personal issues, many of which revolve around member changes.

thank you.

Great post, eightieschick. Agreed. It's funny that this thread has exploded, many fans here are lamenting the loss of Anthrax (!), after reading an article that was written 4 months ago. I think the article just wants to paint a tumultuous picture of the band; it makes for better drama. With new releases, shows into next year, I don't think Anthrax are going anywhere. I don't like the reunion, but, as many have said, if it gets people off of their asses, so be it. In the end, I may very well buy Alive 2. I just want things clear and to know who Anthrax is.

Drokk said:
Great post, eightieschick. Agreed. It's funny that this thread has exploded, many fans here are lamenting the loss of Anthrax (!), after reading an article that was written 4 months ago. I think the article just wants to paint a tumultuous picture of the band; it makes for better drama. With new releases, shows into next year, I don't think Anthrax are going anywhere. I don't like the reunion, but, as many have said, if it gets people off of their asses, so be it. In the end, I may very well buy Alive 2. I just want things clear and to know who Anthrax is.

I don't get that either. So suddenly all the people cry for John? This thing should have been clear to everybody in April this year. Or better yet, in March coz everyone knew what was going to come.
BTW, when you buy Alive 2, make sure you don't forget it.......somewhere:loco::wave:

johnnieCzech said:
I don't get that either. So suddenly all the people cry for John? This thing should have been clear to everybody in April this year. Or better yet, in March coz everyone knew what was going to come.
BTW, when you buy Alive 2, make sure you don't forget it.......somewhere:loco::wave:
Exactly.
Oh, and yeah.....I'd blame Prazdroj, but I can't do that!
(it was strange, I went back to the pub, I said "zapomnel jsem dve CDka..." and the servirka laughed and said "jo CDka!" with a guilty look. hmm....)

ThraxMan said:
Talk about a bunch of unloyal ingrate fans! Your just thinking of yourselves! What kind of fans are you?? If you don't like the band anymore, get the fuck out of here! If you don't like who the singer is or isn't, that's your peroggative, but don't go and drag everybody else down here!

ThraxMan

Shit, you are scary! You sound like an obsessed fanboy sometimes. I love most of Anthrax work up till today from Turbin to Bush (yes, the reunion show I went to was very good). Vocal-wise I think Bush was the best singer they´ve had but the most important members of this band is Scotty and Charlie and it wouldn´t suprise me if the next record is going to be great "even" if Joey or Dave Lombardos mom sings. If I at one point find myself not liking the stuff they write I will simply not buy the new record or be bitter about being "betrayed" by a group of five musicians.

Words like "loyalty" just doesn´t fit in my spectrum of a relation between an artist and the people who have an interest in their works. Why should anyone buy a piece of art/entertainment out of loyalty? Music, paintings, computergames and so on, I buy them out of curiosity and interest. I do however belive you are right about the "if you don´t like it, don´t sit around and be bitter about it". There are better and more important things to do like Mr. Wu said.

Yes sometimes I´d like to know what´s going on in the band camp right now, who´s in or out and when do we get a new studio-album. However I also understand that this band was not created for just my personal enjoyment and economics and social life of bandmembers play the most important part of how things work out.

End of story, AnthraX don´t owe me anything and when the time comes when they call it a day or their music does nothing for me I´ll be grateful for songs, live shows but mostly for the shitty times I´ve had when their music made the days easier to go through. :)

So many varied opinions, i'm sure mine ain't all that important but just thought i'd lay it down anyway......

I love the bush era stuff, i was lucky enough to see them with bush recently (after many years of passing us by :bah: ). That for me was one of the greatest concerts i've seen. Despite no Frankie etc. they still kicked maximum ass and as i didn't drink as much as usual i will be able to remember that night for the rest of my days.

Yeah, i'm really bummed about John and Rob (if these reports are true???) but i really do believe that this was a matter of survival and not selling out. WCFYA was a fucking incredible album but yet the numbers don't lie. Sure, in an ideal world the record company wouldn't care about sales, so long as the product was good but that just ain't the case.

So at the end of the day, i can either sit here and cry about the situation as it stands or alternatively get on board with this 'reunion' thing and enjoy it. I will always have my Bush albums and my memories of that night. As for John, i'll look forward to his next project whenever it arrives.

(The only concern I do have is that the Post SOWN material will never be performed live again, that would be a real shame. Perhaps Joey could get some kind of Opp for that shit :D )

nafnikufesin said:
1. Once again, we hear band news first on Blabbermouth, not on the site. Glad I saved my money by not joining the CDC.
2. Mr. Wu: "What it doesn't say is that without this reunion tour, the band is over. No new record, nothing. It would've been impossible for us to continue as Anthrax." Is it just me, or does this statement confirm the original theory that it was all about the $$$?
3. mrthrax: "he coulda been apart of something so special ,he chose to not take part" Let's say your girlfriend/wife says "I'm going to fuck my old boyfriend for a while, you're welcome to join me in a threesome, or maybe somewhere down the line we can hook up again" Would you stick around?
4. spacebeer: "And to all Bush fans, don't blame Joey he has nothing to do with it..." I'm not sure anyone ever blamed Joey.
5. RBC: Now there's a club I'll join :headbang:
6. I always thought Billy Milano was an obnoxious asshole who was blowing hot air about how Scott and Charlie treated him. Now I wonder if he wasn't right on the money all along...
7. :cry: RIP to the band that created my favorite 3 albums of the 90's.
8. John, where and when you do resurface, let me know and I'll be there.
Right on bro-