Judas Priest and King Diamond in Austin, Nov 2014

Everything has been quiet on the KD front lately it seems. Was hoping we'd see him out and about, and maybe a new album talked about (or that magic DVD he occasionally teases about). Would love to see KD live.

Well Priest is my favorite band, but I probably wouldn't travel for them nowadays. Kind Diamond on the other hand is at the top of my bucket list.

King Diamond live is such an amazing experience.

Sadly I have only seen him live twice, but I shouldn't bitch given the number of people who want to, but have never seen him.

Personally, I would rather see Mercyful Fate live, as I never have.

One of my biggest regrets was missing Motorhead / Mercyful Fate / Exciter back in the day. I believe it was the Orgasmatron tour.

I'm eyeballing this. It seems unlikely I'll pull the trigger on it, but I too am a little King Diamond starved. Another thing that made me look twice was the note about Sick of it All playing a 1989-1994 era set.

One of my biggest regrets was missing Motorhead / Mercyful Fate / Exciter back in the day. I believe it was the Orgasmatron tour.
You want to talk about regret? I went to the Solitude Aeturnus/Mercyful Fate show back in 1995... and left after Solitude Aeturnus!

That tour with Fate and Exciter was 1984. Orgasmatron came out in 86.

They were just touring to tour. No Remorse had come out and they did a string of dates for that in Europe prior to the US tour with those 2 bands.

Oddly, when they played in Virginia, Fate didn't play due to protests ovet th "satan" thing. King lit a giant pentagram on fire in the Boathouse parking lot in protest. Good stuff.

They were just touring to tour. No Remorse had come out and they did a string of dates for that in Europe prior to the US tour with those 2 bands.

Oddly, when they played in Virginia, Fate didn't play due to protests ovet th "satan" thing. King lit a giant pentagram on fire in the Boathouse parking lot in protest. Good stuff.

jason often has regrets back when he was twelve with missing shows.

Thanks for the confirm......
I had the flyer for that show on my wall for years!

Another Motor-regret was missing when they toured with Overkill and Slayer. We passed since the next morning tickets were going on sale for Ozzy / Anthrax, so of course we had to get there at like 3AM.

You want to talk about regret? I went to the Solitude Aeturnus/Mercyful Fate show back in 1995... and left after Solitude Aeturnus!

That would hurt!!!
I was not familiar with Solitude Aeturnus until more recent times believe it or not. Even though they were on Roadrunner, I was not at all familiar with them. I am sure I saw them in ads and stuff.

^ haha, I seriously was thinking SPECIFICALLY "I've seen SOIA play Clobberin' Time, obviously, but it would be cool to see them do Injustice System".

On another note, I guess camping out all night to get tickets months ahead of time is a music-culture touchstone that's been lost to the online-presale age. Ordering tickets online was becoming a thing just around the time I was able to go to shows regularly.

I did wait in a very long line to buy ProgPower tickets the first year that I went. Turned out the line was for a Prince concert in my city; those tickets went on sale the same morning that year's ProgPower tickets.

LOL, I was lucky to have an older brother who was into metal. Went to my first show at the age of 10 my good man.

I regret not going to see THE WHO in 1971 at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago on August 19th. Sadly I was still in the womb and my mom would have had to drive so we passed. Huge regret now when I look back on it.

On another note, I guess camping out all night to get tickets months ahead of time is a music-culture touchstone that's been lost to the online-presale age. Ordering tickets online was becoming a thing just around the time I was able to go to shows regularly.

Yep, only did that a couple times, but it was always cool.
Rose Records in Niles, IL on Milwaukee Ave.
It was fair enough from any residencies that people would blast the boombox all night and no one cared.

I remember how crazy it was when you could start ordering tickets on the phone through ticketmaster. That was the only way I was able to get tickets for a show in Chicago when downstate at school in Champaign.