just curious...

JoeVice

Jul 6, 2003
Murdock, NE
Visit site
this is a bit off topic as far as the opeth board comes...but, i was just wondering what kind of gear you musicians play on. amps, guitars, racks, drum-kits...ect. just curious

Guitar: Jackson PS4 with replaced bridge PU (not sure to what though)
Amp: Marshall ValveState 8080
Effects/Stompbox: Marshall Jackhammer JH-1 (well... until one of my fuckin leads broke inside it, now until I get it out, it's just gonna collect dust).

And hopefully in a lil while, a Boss ME-50 or GT-6, depending.

Guitar: Epiphone Poly X w/ floyd rose tremelo system
Bass: Fender Presicion
Amp: Mesa Boogie Studio Caliber, Peavy MinxII
Effects: Korg Toneworks AX30G
Picks: Dunlop, Fender medium

Yeah. I don't have much. By the way, my friend and I are working on a heavier cover of To Bid You Farewell. So far it's pretty neat, but it doesn't do the
:worship: original:worship: justice.

Guitars: Epiphone Gibson LP Custom, SD 59 neck, Custom bridge, and my trOO metal guitar is an MIJ Ibanez 421.
Amp: Marshall AVT150
Effects: My tones' life, a Digitech GNX.

If you guys want to see some pics, check em out here:

kirill.dmusic.com

Guitars: Gibson SG '03 Std black, 70's ibanez hummingbird acoustic, 70's Ibanez Les Paul Std cherry sunburst.
Amps: FBT 500 R2; vintage Tube head with 4*10 box. Marshall valvestate 40W
Pedals: not a big fan of 'em but I have a zoom pedal that I use occasionally
Drums: Tama Rockstar custom Snowflake white(white marine on dw) '03 with wuhan and sabian cymbals and Tama Ironcobra double pedal

cool

i just got a 1973 Gibson L6-S for christmas. it is a sweet guitar. i also have a gibson les paul special faded series, and a b.c. rich n.j. virgin.

i run those into a line 6 flextone II. i send that out to my sweet little boss ps-5 super shifter, and a dunlop crybaby. that goes to my marshall jcm 2000 dsl 50 with a 4x12 cab.

Guitars: Washburn WG228 with Floyd, Austin Strat, Rogue Bass (for when I feel like bassing)
Amp: Fender Bassman 100 Watt (got it for $170!)
Pedal: Digitech RP100

and that's my gear and I'm perfectly happy with it

Moonlapse said:
One thing I forgot to mention... Dunlop Jazz II/III picks... they are THE best picks EVAR. They will shred for you.

So true...my teacher turned me onto these things, and I just feel like killing myself when I try to play with anything else.

Bass:Ibanez gsr200(my first), squier p-bass deluxe(my most used one)squier vintage p-bass(my grandpa's bass...i have no idea how old it is...)
Amp:peavy minx 110
Effects:digitech bass synth wah, zoom 506 multi

yeah, i need to start saving up money...new bass i want to get is either a warwick, fender jazz, ibanez acoustic, some sort of fretless...so yes...hopefully i'll get a higher name type bass...heh
oh, and no need for picks
and ernie ball super slinky strings
.100-.045
i believe

Right now im playing on an ibanez rg570 with SD SH6 in the bridge. Fun guitar to play, but i plan on getting a jackson SLSMG w/flametop soon! The "amp" i use is a (dont laugh lol) Line6 guitarport. yes, guitarport. If you ask me, I think it sounds much more clean than an average amp; even more than my cousins crate stack w/his PRS. I have a boss MT-2 stomp when i play on normal amps, and i use dunlop gator/tortex picks; 7mm and 5mm respectively.