'KARTIKA' MELBOURNE ALBUM LAUNCH 13TH DECEMBER 2008

Welkin Entertainment Presents THE ETERNAL‘Kartika’ album launch!
With special guests: Worms of the Earth, Teramaze & Arbrynth

Date: Saturday, December 13
Venue: The East Brunswick Club (280 Lygon St, East Brunswick.)
Doors: 8pm
Entry: $12

After two highly acclaimed albums, a couple of European tours, countless tours around Australia and praise from every which way worldwide, The Eternal have returned with their latest album ‘Kartika.’ Possibly the bands most diverse and ambitious album to date, and featuring lush vocal harmonies and carefully detailed arrangements, ‘Kartika’ takes the listener through varied soundscapes, from the emotive ‘Brighter Day’ and ‘Walk Beside You’ to the eastern influenced epic ‘Blood’. Catchy, melodic, dark and beautiful, The Eternal have not sat safely behind the sound created on their previous albums, and in turn have managed to push forward and break new ground.

December 13 sees the launch of this fantastic new album by The Eternal at The East Brunswick Club in Melbourne. Expect nothing less than an amazing performance from Australia’s melodic/doom masters who are joined on the night by special guests Worms of the Earth (amazing post/sludge rock/metal), Teramaze (world class melodic thrash metal) and progressive death/folk metallers, Arbrynth.

untitled-2.jpg

www.myspace.com/welkinentertainment
www.myspace.com/theeternalband
www.myspace.com/wormsmetal
www.myspace.com/teramaze
www.myspace.com/arbrynth

------------------

FIRST EUROPEAN DATE ANNOUNCED

The Eternal are happy to announce we will be playing at the Firebox Metal Fest, in Seinäjoki, Finland, April 17-18 2009. Go to www.fmf.fi for more details. In the new year we will be announcing a tour to support the international release of 'Kartika'.

'KARTIKA' NOW IN OUR WEBSTORE

'Kartika' is now available at our webstore. We have a limited amount of signed copies available so order now. All orders will be shipped from 11.11.08. 'Kartika' will also available in digital format at itunes shortly. www.the-eternal.com/store

Official release dates for 'Kartika' are as follows:

November 2008:
Australia (amphead), Finland (firebox) and Hungary (lethal conflict)

January 2009:
Greece, Slovenia, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Holland, France, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Denmark, Norway, UK, Eire (firebox & PHD)

February 2009:
Germany, Austria, Switzerland (SPV)

untitled2-1.jpg

The eternal are alrite, ive heard better tho. But anyhoo, good luck to them! How the hell do they make money out of a tour to finland?

**UPDATE**

Sat 13th Decemeber - The Eternal Album Launch

Teramaze have unfortunetly had to pull out of the show. Instead of a replacement, all the other bands will have longer sets.

Doors: 8pm
Arbrynth- 8:45-9:30pm
Worms of The Earth- 10:00-10:45
The Eternal- 11:15-12:30

Teramaze are a great band. They had an album in the 90s called Tears to Dust which rules. Very good non wanky/cheesy power metal. Try get those guys up here please Dave :D

Teramaze are a great band. They had an album in the 90s called Tears to Dust which rules. Very good non wanky/cheesy power metal. Try get those guys up here please Dave :D

A good power metal band i havent heard of thats in Australia? Fuck me, gotta check em out!

Yeah super gig.

Turnout wasn't all that. But Arbrynth were amazing again, Worms of the Earth made everyone's ears bleed because of the volume being way too loud, but still they were good. Better live than on cd in my opinion.

And The Eternal! Excellent set, plenty of new tracks as expected, along with older tracks such as Down and The Eternal. Plus a unrehearsed encore of a track from Sleep of Reason. I think they were shocked that everyone in the room wanted them to play another - "do you seriously want an encore" haha.

Haha, nah man. That's what i dislike about most bands local or international. The sound doesn't have to be on max to get the same power and atmosphere in a live gig.

Psycroptic are the best example of this. Probably the best live band in Australia, and why not the world too, they don't have their music up too loud. Besides the fact they are amazing musicians, it allows better clarity in a live setting which in turn leads people to enjoy the set better and creates a run on effect. Definetly. haha.

But Worms of the Earth.... the music was alright, just the vocals over the top caused ear bleedage!

Not a fan of Motorhead then?
I've seen Psycroptic, don't think they are the best live band anywhere. Just a difference of opinion, though. The gig I was at, however, was fairly loud. I imagine that they wouldn't worry about volume so much because most of the drums are triggered and the bass guitar is almost non-existent in the mix. Leaving heaps of room for the others to sit in nicely.