Katatonia huh

arg

Jun 4, 2008
these guys are mentioned quite often. i'd like to check them out.

which album should i get first? which is the heaviest? which is the most interesting?:err:

Get anything after Dance of December Souls. Their music isn't really heavy after that, but the heaviest of the later material is Viva Emptiness

Sounds of Decay is their heaviest(3 song e.p). similiar to BMD

My favorite band. You've chosen quite a journey by wanting to get into them. For heaviness, 'The Great Cold Distance' takes the cake, followed by 'Viva Emptiness'. 'Brave Murder Day' is generally the favorite, and is quite good. It's the last album with growling. 'Dance of December Souls' is not heavy, but very dark and emotional (though that applies to their entire catalog).

Just get them all.

Not much love for Last Fair Deal Gone Down...I thought that and Viva Emptiness were their best, although honestly, this band is way overrated. Terrible lyrics lol.

I like some, but in some songs they add the odd lyric that makes the whole song lose effect. I don't remember if it was Criminals or something else, but the use of profanity in that song pisses me off so much that I can't explain it..."he went too far the fucker"...whenever it gets to that part I have to stop listening, otherwise it's a really good song.

Why does the use of profanity piss you off? Is it because it ruins the flow of the song? I don't think it detracts from it at all and fits the song well given the context