Keep C in your prayers

Stingray11214

OSA Triumvir
Oct 21, 2005
Yesterday, C's sister was badly hurt in a very serious car accident. We at OSA extend our heartfelt wishes to C and her family in this time of crisis, and we hope all turns out OK for C's sister.

Peace,
Ray C.

Thanks Ray, for your kind words.

My sister was in a car accident on Sunday night, and at this time things are looking really good (considering the circumstances). As much damage was done, she was very lucky in many ways. There was no head trauma, and the bodily injuries done appear to be that which can heal on its own, meaning she doesn't need surgery or anything like that. She had a lacerated liver, a punctured lung, four broken ribs, and a fractured vertabrae.

She is getting moved out of the intensive care today, and they say she can go home in the next few days. If she is still in the hospital on Friday I will make the commute to L.A. to see her. If not, I'll wait 'till she gets home, as she only lives 45 minutes away from me and is a lot closer than going all the way to L.A. to the hospital to which she was taken to by helicopter.

I know she is in good spirits because the first thing she asked for was a cigarette, which, by the way, was what got her in this mess in the first place (she was out driving to buy a pack of smokes)! She is able to drink fluids and she says she is hungry as hell. If she can eat by the time I get to see her, I might sneak her in a snack.
blink2.gif

Anyway, it sucks that she won't be home with her kids on Thanksgiving, but we have a lot to be thankful for this year. She is alive, and thankfully, her kids were not with her in the car when the accident happened, so they are safe. I'll be glad when she is home and recovering.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, but even on my off days, I'm still an OSA mod so I'm going to move this over to off-topic since this has nothing to do with Nightwish (and my sister isn't a Nightwish fan, anyway).
tongue2.gif

When you first told me about this, the first thing that went through my mind (well, after the initial question of whether or not she would live, and how messed up such a thing is to happen, at any time, but especially this close to the holidays) was that this should be the kind of life altering event that makes her quit smoking. Hopefully a good laugh was had by all when she expressed her desire for a cigarette. This takes the idea that cigarettes are bad for your health to a whole 'nother dimension.

I can only joke because things look like she will be ok, which is something to be thankful for. Hopefully she'll make a full recovery.

Hugs and support vibes your way! Awesome to hear that she'll be okay without needing any drastic measures :)

Slipping in the rain that like that is a scary thing... :/ I was recently in a very minor accident (no one was hurt) where I skidded in the rain and rear-ended someone. That was like a month ago and my heart still races every time I see tail lights--no matter how far away they are, I seen the accident again in my mind's eye and they're rushing toward me.