Keep it True X (2008)

tsorl

Borne on Wings of Steel
Aug 3, 2003
Finland
www.ollischroderus.fi
JAG PANZER and MANILLA ROAD are among the confirmed bands for the Keep It True X festival, set to take place April 5, 2008 at Tauberfrankenhalle in Lauda-Königshofen, Germany. The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

JAG PANZER (USA)
MANILLA ROAD (USA)
PHARAOH (USA)
CRESCENT SHIELD (USA)
BATTLE RAM (ITA)

Five more bands, including one more co-headliner, will be announced.

A warm-up show will take place on April 4 at Sporthalle in Dittigheim, Germany, featuring HELSTAR and ATTACKER, among others.

Tickets will go on sale at the Keep In True IX festival in November.

For more information, visit www.keep-it-true.de.

I've always wanted to go to KIT one year and this just might be it. Jag Panzer, Manilla Road and Helstar are never going to play in this country so this is the perfect chance to catch them all in one shot.:kickass:

Anyone else planning to take part in this one (beside the usual suspects of course... ;))?

Let me know how much tickets you want by november. They will sell out very quickly I think ...And as the november show is already sold out it will be hard to get tickets if you can't enter there...
And yes, as usual I'll be there :)

edit; Helstar is an error, they will not be on KIT X !!

Fuck Pharaoh and Crescent Shield. That's a worthy show (I need the lotto!)

New names added, Demon Eyes (France) for the main show. Tytan Force (USA) for the Warm-up. One co-headliner to go for the main show, but it's definatly a must-go already now... All bands uptill now have my interst !!

Hey O !!!!
I think Wyvern means; Fuck , Pharaoh and Cresent Shield ... like he likes them, not really "fuck them" :)

The KIT X-billing so far:

TITAN FORCE (USA)
HELSTAR (USA)
(exclusive European Gig in "Remnants Of War Line Up" playing the album "Remnants Of War" in its entirety)
OMEN (USA)
ATTACKER (USA)
(exclusive "Battle At Helms Deep" Show)
+ more
Friday April 4th 2008 Lauda-Königshofen Tauberfrankenhalle

JAG PANZER (USA)
(Exclusive and ULTIMATE Jag Panzer show (min. 2h) plus very special surprise guest!!)
MANILLA ROAD (USA)
(Exclusive German Show/Mark Shelton back on Vocals!!)
CAGE (USA)
PHARAOH (USA)
(Exclusive european show)
CRESCENT SHIELD (USA)
(Exclusive european show)
DEMON EYES (FRA)
BATTLE RAM (ITA)
METAL INQUISITOR

Saturday April 5th 2008 Lauda-Königshofen Tauberfrankenhalle

There's still bands to be announced, a co-headliner notably. From what I gathered it's going to be a speed/thrash band, because the emphasis for this festive edition lies heavily on US-powermetal and thus a bit of pit-worthy material would go over well as a change of pace. Knowing the requests from the die hard German KIT-goers, I'd put my money on Razor ('Take this toooooorch!').

How to survive the tenth edition is another matter.:loco:

:lol: I do hope so!

Yeah I noticed I missed a comma or an exclamation mark, sorry :oops:

Pharaoh ended as my second favorite album of last year, love those guys as well as the drummer side project (as a bass player) Superchrist. 'Fighing' is easily the best song of 2006 (I have to add these guys to the recommend thread).

Crescent Shield was a worthy surprise after Onward demise and since I didn't like Destiny's End (have the albums and sold them) I enjoy much more DeLucie work here.

NP: Rush - 'Armor And Sword'

Let me repost this one, yesterday it didn't pop up in the updates for some reason.

YES!

JAG PANZER (Ultimate 2-hour show)
RAZOR
MANILLA ROAD
TITAN FORCE (+ special guest)
HELSTAR ('Remnants of war' 20th anniversary show in the [almost] original line-up)
OMEN
ATTACKER (Special 'Battle at Helms Deep' show)
PHARAOH
CRESCENT SHIELD
DEMON EYES (Reunion)
BATTLE RAM
PHANTOM X
METAL INQUISITOR
CAGE

...And it ain't over with the great announcements yet either.:Smokin:

Let me repost this one, yesterday it didn't pop up in the updates for some reason.

YES!

JAG PANZER (Ultimate 2-hour show)
RAZOR
MANILLA ROAD
TITAN FORCE (+ special guest)
HELSTAR ('Remnants of war' 20th anniversary show in the [almost] original line-up)
OMEN
ATTACKER (Special 'Battle at Helms Deep' show)
PHARAOH
CRESCENT SHIELD
DEMON EYES (Reunion)
BATTLE RAM
PHANTOM X
METAL INQUISITOR
CAGE

...And it ain't over with the great announcements yet either.:Smokin:

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

Unbelievable line-up. Everyone who will be there will be very lucky.

And, of course, the special guest for Titan Force is Tyrant.

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

Unbelievable line-up. Everyone who will be there will be very lucky.

And, of course, the special guest for Titan Force is Tyrant.

Sorry, my mistake, of course Harry is singing with Titan Force. But there's a special guest for the Jag Panzer show, and everyone who has been paying attention on the forum here knows who that is.:)

'Chain of command, united we stand
Onward to victory, this chain of command!'

An unbelievable billing, yes. Worth saving up your hard earned cash and planning a short holiday to the south of Germany for, I should think. Staying in the beautiful area is not expensive at all, by the way, just book early.

Sorry, my mistake, of course Harry is singing with Titan Force. But there's a special guest for the Jag Panzer show, and everyone who has been paying attention on the forum here knows who that is.:)

'Chain of command, united we stand
Onward to victory, this chain of command!'

'They sit in silence as we march into war
Together we must stand for the Chain of Command"

Yes, I know. :)
But it's difficult for me to be there. :(

'They sit in silence as we march into war
Together we must stand for the Chain of Command"

Yes, I know. :)
But it's difficult for me to be there. :(

'Pity, Orfanos! The money is always an issue with me (as it probably is with most Europeans these days, 'thanks' to the horror that is the Euro currency). But I'm saving up and it will pay off in the end!

Btw, the Greeks that are attending festivals in Germany are metal maniacs!:worship:

'Pity, Orfanos! The money is always an issue with me (as it probably is with most Europeans these days, 'thanks' to the horror that is the Euro currency).

You think the Euro is bad? Try to have a salary in colones with 520 = 1 US$, then consider that a good salary is ~1200 US$/month (after taxes) for the middle class (suppose no kids, owner of the house, 2 cars), which by the way is not my case anymore.

You think living in Europe is hard?, try living in Latin America :erk: ...oh and we DON'T have festivals of any kind (KIT, WOA, HOA, Bloodstock, PP, Metal Maniacs, Sweden Rock, etc).

How was that Alice Cooper song? Oh yes, welcome to my nightmare I think you gonna like it :cry:

You think the Euro is bad? Try to have a salary in colones with 520 = 1 US$, then consider that a good salary is ~1200 US$/month (after taxes) for the middle class (suppose no kids, owner of the house, 2 cars), which by the way is not my case anymore.

You think living in Europe is hard?, try living in Latin America :erk: ...oh and we DON'T have festivals of any kind (KIT, WOA, HOA, Bloodstock, PP, Metal Maniacs, Sweden Rock, etc).

How was that Alice Cooper song? Oh yes, welcome to my nightmare I think you gonna like it :cry:

Of course we Europeans are most privileged when it comes to income per month et cetera. But rent has skyrocketed, while mortgage is not an option for many people (the banks own us anyway). There's a whole new underclass growing here. Globalization is a disaster, but governments could care less - that's why voices like Noreena Hertz's need to be heard more.

As for metal and the festivals (and club tours), you are right, of course, although there's so many regions here that have no metal scene whatsoever. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...

Yeah but usually that has to do with manure :lol: . It's what makes us human we always complaint about what doesn't work in our system and we always look above and sigh never below with relief o_O

NP: Abandoned - 'Visions Of Death'