Keyboardist & Vocalist Progress?

OmensGirl

New Metal Member
Jul 17, 2003
Visit site
Dave,

I assume you and Chris are still auditioning keyboardists and vocalists? How is your search panning out? Any closer in confirming who will be slapping keys and belting vocals soon? :)

Hey Omensgirl-

I'm not Dave, but I hope you won't mind me putting in my .02 on this one :)

We've kinda got a few irons in the fire so to speak. We're also still accepting applicants as well of course. We want to make sure that whomever steps into the band is the right person...and that we all share the same vision for what Power of Omens will evolve into.

We jumped on Derron because of his obvious abilities, and the fact that he totally blew us away. The ideas that Dave and I have for the next CD, as well as Derrons future contributions... I can guarantee a Power of Omens CD like no other. It will be very, VERY worth the wait, I can assure you.

Chris H.

Chris H. -Power of Omens said:
Hey Omensgirl-

I'm not Dave, but I hope you won't mind me putting in my .02 on this one :)

We've kinda got a few irons in the fire so to speak. We're also still accepting applicants as well of course. We want to make sure that whomever steps into the band is the right person...and that we all share the same vision for what Power of Omens will evolve into.

We jumped on Derron because of his obvious abilities, and the fact that he totally blew us away. The ideas that Dave and I have for the next CD, as well as Derrons future contributions... I can guarantee a Power of Omens CD like no other. It will be very, VERY worth the wait, I can assure you.

Chris H.

No problem Chris and thanks for the reply back. Are you guys focusing your energies on strictly hearing and wanting male vocalists or have any female vocalists applied? Moreover, would you consider having a female vocalist as part of the band? Provided she could belt out Chris's chords, range etc?

Looking forward to your next CD and may I make one suggestion..... (whispers into Chris' ear) Concept CD!!

I'm not against female vocalists. I do think I'd be concerned (or scared...LOL) if we stumbled across a female that could hit some of Chris' low notes :)

As far as the concept idea, well, that's not my job ;) I'll leave that up to the vocalist to "pen the tale" so to speak.

Feel free to whisper in my ear again, though. It gives me goosebumps :p

I'm not against female vocalists. I do think I'd be concerned (or scared...LOL) if we stumbled across a female that could hit some of Chris' low notes :)

:lol: Yah, that would be pretty scary if a female vocalist did have those talents!

As far as the concept idea, well, that's not my job ;) I'll leave that up to the vocalist to "pen the tale" so to speak.

Feel free to whisper in my ear again, though. It gives me goosebumps :p

Well, I hope you guys seriously do consider (one day) writing a 'concept cd'. I believe you Chris, and or, the other guy/s are talented enough to write, record and produce one. Why? (whispers in Chris' ear again)..... because I think DJ Funkmiester, P of O can! :p

Hey there O.G.,

Chris pretty much covered this one... We definitely don't have any problems with women joining the band, however, I think we'd see one on keys before we'd see one as a vocalist. One of the deciding factors for any singer we bring into this band will be based on how strong and full their lows are, and not just their mids and highs.

As for the concept issue... that was one thing Chris S and I were discussing before he left... a "real" concept. However, we may just focus on getting the writing done for this next CD without the pressure of a concept, and leave that for the disc after.

Oh yeah.... and don't get too excited about whispering into Chris' ear... he gets goosebumps from the wind of a passing vehicle... LOL :lol:

~D