landscapes from your country

Djöfull

Jan 27, 2002
Iceland
Pics from Iceland

Dettifoss the most powerful waterfall in Europe. I went there once and it was a bit frightening. Grey thunderous water that sounds like HRRGGRFRGGFRRG!!
dettifoss12.jpg

ji_eldgja.jpg

ji_kerlingafjollF1206.jpg

ji_eyjafjallajokull3436.jpg

skogarfoss1004.jpg

ji_fossF1215.jpg

ji_stodvarfjordurF1234.jpg

ji_gullfoss.jpg

ji_akureyriF1223.jpg

Above: capital of north Iceland: Akureyri

ji_arnarfjordur5507.jpg

breiduvikurfjara.jpg

Snæfellsjökull.

ji_dimmuborgirF1220.jpg

This on above is called Dimmu borgir
ji_jokulsarlonF1218.jpg

Jökulsárlón (Glacier river lagoon) was used in 2 JAmes Bond movies :lol:

herdubreid-hraun.jpg

Voted as the queen of icelandic mountains, Herðubreið was formed under a glacier.

Nice town you live in Vampyrian, looks like a fairytale town in happyvalley!
Beautiful pics, I like forests and there aren't many here.
Damnit so many places I want to go to. Life is short, money is scarce... :insertangrysmiley

I'm planning on going to a fjord sailing trip from Bergen, Norway this summer( in a few weeks b.t.w.). Want to go to Sognfjorden, it cuts the land 200km. inwards.
It has majestic mountains

Slovenia is actually the third most forested country in Europe, after Finland and Sweden. A fact I'm very much proud of:D You and Alec have posted some lovely pictures aswell and yeah... so many places i'd like to see:D Life isn't really that short, you have plenty of time (unless you're terminally ill or something, in that case man, I'm sorry and good luck.) but MONEY, that's the problem:D

Québec is very similar to Finland in many ways, landscapes being one of them :)

The population is about the same. The climate makes our forest types very similar and the amazingly large quantity of lakes and rivers from the last glaciation sculpted both regions in a pretty similar fashion.

Not to mention we're both ice-hockey nations, and the Montreal Canadian hockey team's Captain is Saku Koivu, a Finn :D :loco:

p.s. I wish the Canadians to the north of Seattle would stop dumping their sewage into the Puget Sound. It's not healthy for the Orca population, among other things.

don't believe me?

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2003/07/11/whales_pcb030711.html

It's been estimated Greater Victoria dumps 45 billion litres of raw sewage into the ocean each year.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/archives/1991/9101290007.asp

The beautiful, tourist-oriented capital of ``Super-Natural British Columbia" dumps millions of gallons of raw sewage into the international waterway daily from McMicking Point and other outfalls.

toscana - italy

paesaggioiv5fx9.jpg

toscana-residence.jpg

SS443415.JPG

Piazza dei Miracoli (the Miracles' Square) with the Leaning Tower
piazzamiracoli.jpg

IMG_8481.JPG

IMG_8098.jpg

IMG_5337copy.jpg

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_9219.JPG

the Vagli lake.....
Lago%20di%20Vagli%20visto%20da%20Vagli%20Sotto.jpg

....this is what's under the lake, every 7 years the lake is drained and you can visit the ghost city
vagli%20-%20%20paese%20sommerso.jpg

the Alps, where the precious white Carrara's marble is taken (the one that Michelangelo used for his David)
Apuane2.jpg

011208apuane.jpg

i live somewhere, there on the cost :lol:
alpi_apuane800x600.jpg

Slovenia Commercial <- a lovely 'slovenia commercial', about 3mins long, features a lot of our country's beautiful landscapes. The captions and the slogan are quite stupid IMO, but the commercial itself is visually quite well done, professionally even.

Oh my God! most of your pics are amazing, I wish I was able to see such vast landscapes when wolking out of my door (or town)...

I live in Germany. My Hometown is Düsseldorf and my recent home is in Erkrath (where Gaunerin lives aswell ;)), so I'm just gonna show you pics of the 2 nearest region "Bergisches Land", so do not expect any pics of the Alps or the Blackwood Forest! ;)

325250055_0aa3428ca5.jpg

294009812_dac9f6d991.jpg

91539077_a376d2dc2a.jpg

215208891_65977cdb74.jpg
(it's hdr)