learning languages by metal

metu

Nov 21, 2002
MI, USA
Visit site
I just started learning german and I was hoping for some recommendations of german speaking bands who speak clearly.

I figure that other people learning languages could use the same kind of help.

i don't know if any of the following is your kind of music, but here are some names: Eisheilig, In Extremo, Eisregen ( :heh: ), JBO and Knorkator :lol: (if you like funny, ironic, sarcastic texts), ......

Go with Rammstein, there you'll get all the grammar rules in the lyrics...

Stuff like Ich Will and so on ;)

Danke. Danke.

I'm not all that picky about what kind. I hope for this thread to be moreso. I'll check those bands out just as soon as I'm not so fuckin' busy.

We actually talked about Ramstein the other day. Our teacher discussed how the "du has(s?)t mich" was a play on words. No one came up with that last word, though. Who knows it off hand?

Rammstein - Du Hast

DU
DU HAST
DU HAST MICH
DU HAST MICH GEFRAGT
DU HAST MICH GEFRAGT UND ICH HAB NICHTS GESAGT

WILLST DU BIS DER TOD EUCH SCHEIDET
TREU IHR SEIN FÜR ALLE TAGE

NEIN

WILLST DU BIS ZUM TOD DER SCHEIDE
SIE LIEBEN AUCH IN SCHLECHTEN TAGEN

NEIN
---------------------------------

which of the words do you mean?

just be careful with die böhsen onkelz...

hey Djöfull, i am learning swedish too :)
at school i had 3 years of spanish, so i remember some spanish grammer ;) Umbrae have some spanish songs

First of all, danke shun (sp?) for these suggestions. Thanks for those lyrics, espeially.

Swedish...what sort of Bands would you recommend for someone learning Swedish?

Right on. Thanks again. Oh, and thanks for those links, Djofull. I'm a real junkie for links.

I need to get my keyboard configuration changed so I can type in german for real. As an added bonus, I'll be able to type Motly Crue correctly.

How about Italian? I learned some of that a while back and loved it.

I took two years of french a LONG time ago. Once I get a good grasp on german, I'd like to re-learn what I once knew in french. Anyone have any suggestions for that?

Any other bands who sing in languages other than english clearly that y'all would like to suggest?

Fuck it...post if you've got something. There should be more action on the "scenes" scene.

:]

ColdestBonyHand said:
I recommend blackish-doom Ajattara [http://www.ajattara,cjb.net].
It's in finnish with polish accent. And I don't know why, the f**k, polish?

Polish and finnish accent are similar. And I don't know, the hell, why they are... But they are.
eek.gif

How do you all get on with your language studies?:)

I was at Wacken this year and a lot of ppl were talking in German around me. My friends even tested me... talked to me in German and I answered in Englis... of course just on basic level... but I'm planning to refresh my German knowledge... and my Norwegian because I just love Norwegian:)