Legendary Heavy Metal Vocalist RONNIE JAMES DIO Dies - May 16, 2010

I hurt, put this on full screen and remember, its appropriate to me for this solemn day

Last edited by a moderator:
Photo I took at a club show in 2002. I was right up front & center -- face to face with the legend.
x3wao5.jpg

Just heard the news now. Like many here I thought he would beat it. Sad day indeed. I'm glad to have seen him live several times over the past twenty-five years. Thank-you Ronnie for the music and the memories.

I just been told by a friend.

I was 2 meters from him backstage in 2006 and only nod...

Rest in Peace

Heartbreaking. Have loved Dio since the 70s..I'm truly saddened by his passing. RIP Ronnie, thanks for changing the world with your music.

Stunned, at first there was a hoax circulating on facebook and then we heard today that he has now passed away. What a great man, who's absence is already affecting millions. RIP
"all of you fallen angels, hey angels, gather round"

For a moment I felt so alone in metal without him, oh wait, I still do.
I rushed to UMOS after so long. Feels pretty dramatic listening to killing the dragon right now. Feels so nostalgic seeing his live performances, what a cool guy, I always thought I was going to get to talk to him one day.
I'm glad to have seen him live at least twice. How lucky were those that got to tour with him. RIP Dio.

The saYer

Jesus, last night I was tearing up because of this for like an hour.

You people who have been listening to him since the 80s or hell 70s must be extremely saddened.

Great collage Ryan. My eyes welled up. As far as the Ozzy camp, Sixx..... you can believe that although there is a huge rivalry and Sharon is a winch.... they aren't heartless people..... maybe classless (Sharon) at times, but I don't think there are many people on this earth that could truly dislike a guy like Ronnie.

Aside from being such a devastating blow to metal, I think it was a loss for humanity in general as well. Ronnie had a very strong yet kind soul. He was the brainchild of the USA for Africa Hear-N-Aid project. He also was a very kind and humble man, staying long after shows and meeting with his fans. He was a great singer and metal icon, but maybe even more importantly, he was a great man. He will be dearly missed.

Bryant