LEPROUS - Thanks Shane!

AirGuitarLoonhouse

Professional Headbanger
Jul 23, 2007
Chicago
Just a big thanks for booking Leprous in the Kickoff this year. Did not look into them much before the show, and ever since PP I cannot get enough of them.

Great band! Great Kickoff ! (yet again)

Keep it up Shane!

Yep, after Accept they were tied with Oceans of Sadness for my favorite of the weekend.

Still kicking myself for not picking up a shirt and that reissued demo at the show....

Tall Poppy Syndrome has been in heavy rotation since.

Leprous was my 3rd favorite band of the weekend behind Accept (highlight) and Oceans of Sadness. Leprous really surprised me with their live show that had me captivated during their whole set.

Almost did not go to Leprous on the band name alone (assumed black/death, US style scream metal) and had not checked them out. Glad I did :yow:. Picked up Tall Poppy Syndrome right after. I would not go as far to put them in my top 5 performance at PP - but that is due to seeing a number of long time favorites. Their performance was top notch otherwise.

They were bloody amazing - they were actually the reason I bought my Thursday ticket, and they were even better live than on disc. I was front row-center, and while "White" and "Passing" were treats in themselves to hear, one of the new songs had this really ambient intro that pretty much had me in a trance. Simply fantastic... thank you for bringing them over! :worship:

One of the three bands I really regret missing this year, though it might go down to two if Tarot does that US tour Marco's talking about. I could see Opeth touring with Leprous in the future though.

I scoped them out a few months ago and then bought "Tall Poppy Syndrome" about a month or 2 before the show and made sure I was on the rail for their set.

"Passing" was a fitting end to their set-- simply crushing, emotional, awesome.

Leprous was the band I was most looking forward to seeing, and they did not disappoint. What an amazing and creative band, and I was pleasantly surprised that they were able to pull off their kind of music in a live setting.

Leprous was good, but during their set, I kept wondering if Shane had tried to get ihsahn for the showcase, since leprous is Ihsahn's entire backing band.

Leprous was brilliant! Thanks a million to Shane booking them. In fact they just today announced a concert in Oslo on 23rd of October and because of them really delivering the goods live too I just booked flights to Oslo to see them in 3 weeks (even if not really being able to afford it right after the US trip heh)!

Leprous was brilliant! Thanks a million to Shane booking them. In fact they just today announced a concert in Oslo on 23rd of October and because of them really delivering the goods live too I just booked flights to Oslo to see them in 3 weeks (even if not really being able to afford it right after the US trip heh)!

I really liked their set, as well. Enjoy the show!