Les Légions Noires

Doomguy

This is huh, wow...
Apr 7, 2009
Melbourne, Aus
I for one have been especially interested in them, so what's say we create some discussion about them?

I personally listen to the Moëvöt and Aäkon Këëtrëh demos a fair bit (I don't own physical copies obviously). Good music to study to. Mütiilation and Bèlkètre get heavy rotation on my player too.

Love them? Hate them? Favourite artist? Worst artist? Let's generate some interesting discussion.

Vlad Tepes is one of my favorite bands ever, and early Mütiilation is up there too. Belketre is good too but other then that I think it is kinda hit or miss, some stuff like Aäkon Këëtrëh is kinda cool and other stuff is just boring. There is a good reason why the most famous of the bands are the most famous. :p

But the movement has easily produced the best BM from France, much better than DsO, BAN, Antaeus, etc.

For those who are unfamiliar, a short descriptive blurb would be tremendously helpful. I don't like reading album reviews before listening because the writing often unfairly colors my prejudgment of the music.

For those who are unfamiliar, a short descriptive blurb would be tremendously helpful. I don't like reading album reviews before listening because the writing often unfairly colors my prejudgment of the music.

Isn't it just really raw French proto-DSBM?

Oh is that what they are? I read the Wikipedia entry, looked like a lo-fi reactionary movement to Norwegian stuff in the 90s. With even stupider nicknames for the band members.

Oh is that what they are? I read the Wikipedia entry, looked like a lo-fi reactionary movement to Norwegian stuff in the 90s. With even stupider nicknames for the band members.

LLN have a competition where whoever gives his one-man bm project the stupidest name wins. Some bands like Brenoritvrezorkre, Vagézaryavtre, Vrepyambhre or Hvrúmbzgnrvóme are only made to enter this competition.

The one with all the umlauts is pretty retarded. Aäkon Këëtrëh. TOO MANY UMLAUTS. Makes Finns look conservative with their umlauts.

LLN have a competition where whoever gives his one-man bm project the stupidest name wins. Some bands like Brenoritvrezorkre, Vagézaryavtre, Vrepyambhre or Hvrúmbzgnrvóme are only made to enter this competition.
Vrepyambhre and Hvrúmbzgnrvóme are apparently not a part of the LLN, but of a ripoff group based in Switzerland. Not everyone with a name like "Grepyahbmrehehevetahkalajabre" is a part of the LLN and this is where these cunts make money. The Vrepyambhre demo is hilarious; some guy playing the same guitar chord for 3 minutes and making stupid-as-fuck noises.

Brenoritvrezorkre is totally unlistenable imho.

Here is a link to the Vrepyambhre demo if anyone wants a cheap laugh:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zjmmzmdn11g

Vilden, check out Nocturnal Depression if you haven't, especially the Four Seasons to a Depression EP. Definitely some of the greatest French DSBM.

Most of the 'projects' are utterly fucking worthless and the whole so-called movement was hyped beyond belief around 04-05. Here's a short list of everything that is actually worth hearing:

Vlad Tepes/Belketre - March to the Black Holocaust
Belketre - Ambre Zuerkl Vuorhdrevarvtre
Mütiilation - Hail Satanas We Are the Black Legions
Mütiilation - Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul
Mütiilation - Vampires of Black Imperial Blood
Torgeist - Time of Sabbath

Anything else really isn't worth the time it takes to download.

Most of the 'projects' are utterly fucking worthless and the whole so-called movement was hyped beyond belief around 04-05. Here's a short list of everything that is actually worth hearing:

Vlad Tepes/Belketre - March to the Black Holocaust
Belketre - Ambre Zuerkl Vuorhdrevarvtre
Mütiilation - Hail Satanas We Are the Black Legions
Mütiilation - Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul
Mütiilation - Vampires of Black Imperial Blood
Torgeist - Time of Sabbath

Anything else really isn't worth the time it takes to download.

This.

Mütiilation's Remains... and Vlad Tepes' side of March to the Black Holocaust are probably the pinnacles of this scene.

Almost all of the music recorded by these guys is useless. All of the good stuff has been listed already.

Schwärzung;9298276 said:
Vilden, check out Nocturnal Depression if you haven't, especially the Four Seasons to a Depression EP. Definitely some of the greatest French DSBM.

Boring.

Schwärzung;9298276 said:

Soundtrack To A Suicide would be incredibly good if it didn't have some of the most fucking atrocious vocals I've ever heard mixed incredibly high.