LionHeart- awful

Gregger

Nov 7, 2002
Visit site
Sorry but I cant agree with any of you guys, the albumn is shite

Just been listening to it in the car again and almost chucked it out of the window.

Witchfinder General, 8/10, nice. The rest is EuroMeatal nonsense. Wheels of Steel it is not. Lionheart is OK for 1 min but the verese, bridge and chorus are soft as anyting. Do I hear softy keyboards in there.

To me, Saxon are doing what they did in the 80's again. Great start again with SBOR, DOW and by far their best release ULTB. But Metal head, 3 decent songs? Killing Ground , cant recall the playlist which must say something and Lionheart is a modern Destiny, much as someone is having a laugh on previous posts.

This all strikes me is the record company wanting something but the band bereft of ideas. Compare this to Motorheads "Inferno" whci is ball breaking, Blazes "Blood and Belief" which is awesome and the best albumn for 10+yearsTank's "Still at War". All belting metal albumns full of drive, desire and passion.

For the first time for 15 years I'm tempted not to go on Moanday cos we're going to have to listen at least 3 tracks of this cobblers before they play some good stuff.

I've listend to Saxon for 24 years and have 2 Saxon tattoo's but they've hit a low with this.

Much as it pains me to say it, Robbie Williams is better than LIonheart, including Radio. I enjoy his stuff more. May be its time for Saxon to take a rest until some Metal spirit is there.

I am getting the album in a couple of days and I cannot wait. I have heard 4 songs from the album and they all have been amazing. I find this band is one of the very few that are aging quite well.

Don't listen to other people,make up your own mind.I personally think it is the mutts nuts,but that's my opinion.One of, if not the best album for many years and that includes Unleash the beast.I dont think you will be dissappointed if you are a Saxon fan.

I have to strongly disagree with what Greggor said. I bought Lionheart in York on saturday, and in my opinion it is the one of the heavyist, and fastest Saxon albums ever! I love songs like English Man 'o' War, To Live By The Sword, Man And Machine, and of course Witchfinder General, e.t.c. I wish more Saxon albums were as up beat and riff rockin' as this one. This album kicks ass 10 / 10. Well done Biff and the boys! :headbang:

Well, that does it for me. Looking at the setlist from the European gigs. 6 to 9 (Jesus!) tracks from the new albumn.

I'll leave me money in my pocket and leave the Wolves gigs to you guys

Each to his own but tell me this. LAst 10 mins of life, do you listen to;

Crusader or Lionheart
Motorcycle man or Maon of War

You cant kid me that the early stuff doesn't piss all over the new albumn. Take the blinkers off...

Last 10 mins of life? Probably shag some busty wench! :Spin:

Seriously though, in my humble opinion I reckon 'Lionheart' is a better song than 'Crusader'. For starters it doesn't have the somewhat cheesey 'Who dares battle the Saracen?/So Crusader let battle commence' stuff in it! :D

But as you rightly say, each to their own.

Gregger said:
Well, that does it for me. Looking at the setlist from the European gigs. 6 to 9 (Jesus!) tracks from the new albumn.

I'll leave me money in my pocket and leave the Wolves gigs to you guys

Each to his own but tell me this. LAst 10 mins of life, do you listen to;

Crusader or Lionheart
Motorcycle man or Maon of War

You cant kid me that the early stuff doesn't piss all over the new albumn. Take the blinkers off...
Well, at the moment i would say 'English Man 'o' War. Great song :) I love the old Saxon stuff, but it gets a bit boring listening to the same old songs all the time, so i love hearing there new stuff. Personaly i think the new album is better than Crusader and Wheels Of Steel albums! If you only want to hear OLD Saxon songs, go and see Oliver-Dawson Saxon. P.S. I don't think i am the one wearing the blinkers though. . . .

I bought Lionheart today... :) Until I saw their concert last Saturday, I did not plan to do so. I had heard one song, which did nothing for me, and thought this was another Saxon album I didn't have to buy, despite the raving reviews, and leaving Innocence Is No Excuse the most recent Saxon album in my collection...

Then came the concert... I was expecting a greatest hits show with just one or two songs from the recent album, like a lot of other "aging" bands do these days. That did not happen though. However, I was very pleasantly surprised with the new songs they played there, and they played a lot of them! Anyway, the songs, and the enthusiasm with which they were played had a massive impact on me, and made me reconsider my original opinion. They certainly have won me over with this album!

Gregger, in all fairness I have to add that the song I didn't like was the only song you did like.

Gregger - Good job Lionheart is not as bad as your spelling! You're never on this board, but I do seem to remember when you are, you have nothing good to say about Saxon. Me thinks you are something to do with O/D Saxon, in which case, piss off!

Each to his/her own. And my own is - Lionheart is a good album, and it keeps up the high standard of albums that Saxon have put out over the last few years. It is not their best, but it is good. And it certainly is their heaviest album, even heavier than Metalhead. It is hardly a 'Destiny'.

I love Tank, but 'Still At War' is a pile of pants. Which pretty much sums up what Gregger has to say!

If you believe that:
Lionheart(the song not the album) is better than Crusader
or that The album is better than wheels of steel(oh my god!).
Then i must be the only one left (along with Gregger) that is not inshane here!
Sorry what you say is an insult to the band firstly and then me.

Oh dear...

"Sorry what you say is an insult to the band firstly and then me"

Strikes me that you are a tad on the arrogant side Mr Crapator - And that Gregger chap seems to be full o shite as well. I suspect there is more "Metal Spirit" in Biffs dandruff than there has ever been in Gregger's life.

Grow up kiddies.

I didn't insult you rat man, ok?
I didn't get your oppinion, do you think Lionheart is better than Wheels of Steel , kid?