Listening Range

blakmetalemp

Armed to the teeeettthhh!
So what other bands do all you people listen to other than Hypocrisy? I myself have a very wide listening range, anything from Dwight Yoakam and Hank Williams Sr., to Iced Earth, Hypocrisy, Opeth, Pantera, King Diamond, Emperor, and a little Public Enemy to boot.

I mostly listen to alot more melodic/atmospheric death or doom metal. I listen to some traditional death, very little black metal, some thrash, some prog. As for the "other stuff" I listen to typical darker alternative, alot of different types of more melodic industrial, alot of ambience/dark ambience, experimental electronica, very little noise (just Merzbow), alot of classical (usually post-baroque), etc. etc. I do listen to some rap, too, but I believe rap died in 1995.

Every single metal genre from black metal to power metal to death metal and such. Also trance, prog rock, ambient, electronica, blues, jazz and such.

Originally posted by blakmetalemp
So what other bands do all you people listen to other than Hypocrisy? I myself have a very wide listening range, anything from Dwight Yoakam and Hank Williams Sr., to Iced Earth, Hypocrisy, Opeth, Pantera, King Diamond, Emperor, and a little Public Enemy to boot.

Only a guy who looks like a planet would listen to Dwight Yoakam! :p ;) :tickled:

I have very large range. Metal from progressive to black and from death to power.
Then I listen to classical music and progressive rock from the 60's and 70's. Also I sometimes listen finnish rock & pop bands. Ambient is near my heart too.

Savatage, Dream Theater, Mortician, Mortiis, The Crown, Immortal, Evergrey, Einherjer, Rhapsody, Ozzy, Hatebreed, Finntroll, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Iced Earth, Nile, Ablaze My Sorrow, Abigor, Summon, Sonata Arctica, Sentenced, Blind Guardian, Amon Amarth, Katatonia, Dark Tranquillity, and tons more bands. Anywhere in the metal range, except "nu metal".