LIVE AT THE FILLMORE (question)

DEVIANCE

DEEP IN APOCALYPTIC CITY
Oct 11, 2002
IN THE GUTTER
www.megadeth.com
ok so im sitting here listening to it and what do you all think about
RETURN TO SERENITY with all the back ground singers and the acoustic version of it? same with "the legacy" and "trail of tears"
i gotta say i like it because it's kinda relaxing
it's really cool listening to it laying on your bed in the dark and have it blasting on your stereo

Im not a fan of that record. I picked up the cd dirt cheap just to hear it and was very dissapointed by the track selections. (I'd buy the super rare vinyl if I could find it, just to complete the collection though... hehehe)
As far as the songs you mentioned I never liked any of them. Too weak for Testament. When I want to hear weak music I'll listen to something else, when I listen to TESTAMENT I want to hear heavy, fast brutal songs.
Just my opinion, but then again you did ask : )

i LOVE those acoustic songs! i think they work very well. especially with the native american woman (i think she is) doing back up vocals. anyone heard her own stuff???
would love to hear testament do more of that acoustic thing.
i think somewhere they did an unplugged gig? i read that a while back, don't know if it is true - can anyone confirm...?
ps. i'm sure james m. hits a couple of bum notes at the start of his solo, always wondered why they left that in...

Originally posted by HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD
Im not a fan of that record. I picked up the cd dirt cheap just to hear it and was very dissapointed by the track selections. (I'd buy the super rare vinyl if I could find it, just to complete the collection though... hehehe)
As far as the songs you mentioned I never liked any of them. Too weak for Testament. When I want to hear weak music I'll listen to something else, when I listen to TESTAMENT I want to hear heavy, fast brutal songs.
Just my opinion, but then again you did ask : )

I'm surprised you dont dig on the heavier live material.
I thought Live at the Fillmore was great for that reason.
Sometimes bands put out live albums and leave out
the heaviest material but Testament did that.
As for those acoustic ballads they did live on KSJO....
They're great for what they are, they sound cool, but
they're better electric.

-OfficerNice....the next member of Voivod

Originally posted by max
i LOVE those acoustic songs! i think they work very well. especially with the native american woman (i think she is) doing back up vocals. anyone heard her own stuff???
would love to hear testament do more of that acoustic thing.
i think somewhere they did an unplugged gig? i read that a while back, don't know if it is true - can anyone confirm...?

If I'm not wrong, they did an in-studio with Uncle Nasty on
KSJO. Just those 3 songs were broadcast on the radio.
I remember hearing those songs around 10-ish pm
live during Nasty's show. They thank Nasty and KSJO on
the liner notes of "Live at the Fillmore" but I don't think
this was a full-on acoustic performance with a full set list.

____________________________________________________Originally Posted By Officier Nice: but I don't think

In that TESTAMENT "time period", they did have a full acoustic set,
they went to Radio stations & some music industry offices, to preform. Some of these were broadcast live, some videoed, etc. I was at a number of these one off performances. 2 girl back ground vocalist were used, one was a native american named Star, & one was an old friend named Michele, who used to go out with Gary Holt, through the Bonded & Pleasure Days. Anyway it shows how versatile they really are. I think TESTAMENT, over the years has done alittle of everything, from Acoustic Ballads to Thrash Speed Metal(early albums) to Regular 80's Metal(The Ritual) to brutal Death Metal(Demonic), all the way to the Gathering, which has elements of all of these tied into it. The Point is that they are a great group of musicians, who enjoy playing for their fans, & release quality music.

Acoustic songs on the Live At Fillmore are really cool. :headbang: I also dig most of the live shit. :headbang: But why Testament haven't played the entire Musical Death (A Dirge) song? they played only the half of it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Testament release an EP of acoustic versions of their previous songs. :D That would be really great :headbang:
6 or 7 would do. :)

Acoustic tunes shouldn't be the focus of a heavy band
especially a heavy band like Testament. That 'lighter' rock band
Tesla went all ga-ga for acoustic music - did
that 5 man acoustical jam and they looked like total pussies
for it.

New Album of heavy tunes should definitely be first.

Maybe one or two old songs, but even then it would be hard to find songs to do it. For example, I have absolutely no desire to hear an acoustic version of Hail Mary.

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
____________________________________________________Originally Posted By Officier Nice: but I don't think

In that TESTAMENT "time period", they did have a full acoustic set,
they went to Radio stations & some music industry offices, to preform. Some of these were broadcast live, some videoed, etc.

Really? huh. Well, it's a shame the full setlist was not
broadcasted on KSJO.

Wankers.

RIP JMJ

-OfficerNice...the next member of Voivod

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by DeadlyEmbrace:..............."2 girl back ground vocalist were used, one was a native american named Star, & one was an old friend named Michele,......"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star & Michele Dean