lol, look what i stole off craigslist!

DevilJaw

Studio Junkie
Sep 5, 2007
Arizona, USA
ESP%20LTD%20VIPER-2005.jpg

features,
set neck construction; 24.75” scale; mahogany body; 3-piece mahogany neck; ebony fingerboard; anniversary inlay; EMG 81/85 active pickups; volume & tone controls w/3-way toggle; black hardware; Grover tuners; Earvana compensated nut; tune-o-matic bridge w/string-thru-body; 24 XJ frets

swapped the 81 with the 85, clean it up and put some new strings on and i was in love.

the price was nuts, $350 US, this is my 2nd time getting an 30th anniversary model from craigslist, the first one was a b-2005 bass, for $500.

Damn yous!

I always wanted a 30th anniversary LTD guitar... i really wanted the les paul model, but this one looks pretty damn cool as well.

Yeah, sweetness dude - however, a word of warning: my housemate/co-guitarist has an LTD Viper Baritone with the same satin black finish, and HOLY GOD does that shit dent/ding easily, you gotta be so freakin' careful with it! Good find though dude!

im still having a hard time believing i got it for that price, the guy who sold was such a noob, he did not know what he had in his hands.

but i got a ec500 already, so the viper just completes the set.

i got this ltd b-2005 anniversary bass too a few months back for $500, the thing was brand new, never used, came with a case, the guy said he won it in a gameshow and he was going to learn how to play it but decided to sell it.
b2005.jpg

so the way things are going its likely in a few months a ec anniversary should pop, lol.

nice! you even got a better deal than me. I stole one off ebay a year ago for $400 (case included) in excellent condition. want to change out the pups to 81/85, but havent gotten around to it yet moneywise... too many toys in the queue first.

anyways, someone mentioned putting black tape over the logo... and i agree with that. but wondered if there was a better way to remove the logo on the headstock. one thats not destructive or completely obvious that a big piece of original finish was removed. anyone?

the logo is def not a deal breaker for me, i just love the dark, understated look of the rest of the guitar, and i feel the logo on the headstock throws it off.

i mean come on, if you took the logo off, nigel would be asking you how much more black can you get? none... none more black

nice guitar

ya know oddly enough, i had one of those for months that i couldn't give away for $375 shipped!!! great guitar really, i just needed to fund some other gear

i'm an idiot, i just realized youre talking about the viper anniversary model... sorry, i've got the f series anniversary guitar. thats what i get for trying to sneak onto the site while at work ;) does that model come with 81's in both slots? i wondered why esp did that on the f series, instead of the standard 81/85. just trying to be different or something?

Nice score. I actually had a B2005 stolen from me a few months back. :cry: I absolutely loved that guitar, and the ebony fretboard gave such an awesome tone. I've tried to find one used but have had no luck.

i picked up an H-200 custom a couple years ago for $100 at a pawn shop...that one was a pretty good score, if i say so myself