Looking for some brain-crushingly awesome power metal

I admit to liking Children of Bodom's first two albums. The band, in general, got me into extreme metal so I have to give them props for that.

Persuader's album "The Hunter" is pretty straight & exactly what you seem to be looking for. I like Angra's first album & it's really powery, but not so dark. Firewind's first album "Between Heaven & Hell" is a good PM album I have a soft spot for.

V5, I could have swore that you lectured someone here a few months ago telling them that CoB is NOT Power Metal. If it wasn't you I'm sure it was Dodens, but I know it was one of you two. The conversation went in the direction stating that CoB were much closer to Melodic Death Metal (or Melodeath) since Melodic Death Metal sometimes contains slight Power Metal influences anyways.

Persuader's album "The Hunter" is pretty straight & exactly what you seem to be looking for. I like Angra's first album & it's really powery, but not so dark. Firewind's first album "Between Heaven & Hell" is a good PM album I have a soft spot for.

V5, I could have swore that you lectured someone here a few months ago telling them that CoB is NOT Power Metal. If it wasn't you I'm sure it was Dodens, but I know it was one of you two. The conversation went in the direction stating that CoB were much closer to Melodic Death Metal (or Melodeath) since Melodic Death Metal sometimes contains slight Power Metal influences anyways.

I think he was explaining how there's a difference between harsh power metal and melodeath.

I think that in the past CoB have shown signs of greatness, songs like Red Light 1&2, The Nail, Everytime I die, Touched like the angel of death. Their new stuff, is in my opinion watered down crap, nothing really technical ground breaking

I listened to Sabaton, and while it was impressive, I still think the keyboards are gay and the album would have been better without it constantly sounding keyboardy.

I listened to Sabaton, and while it was impressive, I still think the keyboards are gay and the album would have been better without it constantly sounding keyboardy.

I like the King Arthur quotation. And yeah, most people complain about the keys in Sabaton. I just love the vocalist's voice and the fucking power of their choruses. Songs like "Wolfpack" and "Attero Dominatus" are just awesome.