Looking for very similar artists of Children of Bodom

Zayl

New Metal Member
Apr 1, 2006
Hello!
I've been listenning CoB for a long time and every time I search similar artists but I dont really like or not as much a CoB (Dark Tranquility, Soilwork, Rhapsody etc etc...). The only artist that I liked, similar to CoB is In Flames and that's all !

Could you please tell me groups who are melodic, who are very similar to cob and where there is a lot of "Electronic Piano" (?), if you know what I mean...

Thank you very much !! Smile

Bye!

I don't really think In Flames is like COB.. The sound maybe is but the songs are structured so very differently. Try Norther, that's probably one of the closest, even though very straightforward compared to COB.

Try Ministry, Cradle Of Filth (Not really), and definately Norther.
If you like good, electrical keyboard work, then definately go for Warmen.

Norther + Kalmah = Children of Bodom

This is not true in most cases but when i first heard Norther and Kalmah thats how i felt. Nother was much more melodic and less technical while kalmah was the opposite being more technical and less melodic. That is not to say both bands share both traits.

Either way Kalmah and Norther are great bands. Kalmah recently came out with a new album (The Black Waltz) which took them in to a completely different direction...well not completely but bit different route than before and i really like it :headbang: So be sure to check both of them out.

try ensiferum too, they are different but i think if you like COB you love ensiferum too

If you're looking for something similar to CoB you'd like Norther and Kalmah ^^
And In Flames are not all that similar to Children of Bodom, but the same genre, you could say. Strange that you didn't like Dark Tranquillity and Soilwork when you like In Flames, though :/ (I love all those bands)
Have you tried Bullet For My Valentine? They're a lot more pop-ish, but melodic.

I love COB but I don't really like Norther, I don't think it's the same, or maybe its just that I'm getting bored with more of the same.....if it ain't COB it sucks0rs.

Try stuf like Kalmah or Warmen.

Maybe sinergy, but female vocals suck

Hmm...

If you like In Flames, and think they sound like CoB, listen to the band "insomnium" They're finnish and pretty good, I think.

Hey man!!!
I know something!!!

Try driving 250 kph and crash your car into a tree, thats when you REALLY experience the tr00 bodom sound!! :headbang:

Or you could just listen to techno