Loomis Plains Production

The production is good,not bad at all.But Neil is the man..hard to make something better than neil,they also have good chemistry with jeff since they've worked in the past.
Congratulations to both of course

The production is good,not bad at all.But Neil is the man..hard to make something better than neil,they also have good chemistry with jeff since they've worked in the past.
Congratulations to both of course

I think Aaron's mix and guitar/drum tones are WAY better sounding than what Neil Kernon did on Zero Order Phase. I think most people here would agree with that.

People complaint about the production,so definitely no.
The guy is good,but neil is better,simple as that.
Neil's sound is much heavier and the lead sounds are absolutely fabulous

Interesting... by my count in this thread alone the majority obviously like the production.

I think Aaron's mix and guitar/drum tones are WAY better sounding than what Neil Kernon did on Zero Order Phase. I think most people here would agree with that.

Interesting. My CD should arrive in the mail in a few days. This makes me even more eager to hear it. I'll be really, really impressed if it sounds "better" than what NK did. Shocked in fact (no offense, Aaron).

Do people really like the sound of Zero Order Phase that much? I never really liked the way it sounds. I remember a lot of people complaining about the drums on it when it first came out... and the guitar tone, while definitely not horrible, isn't all that amazing either... The songs and playing are what's so great about ZOP, not the production or mix, IMO. I much prefer Sneap's work on This Godless Endeavor and Aaron's work on this new one.

Do people really like the sound of Zero Order Phase that much? I never really liked the way it sounds. I remember a lot of people complaining about the drums on it when it first came out... and the guitar tone, while definitely not horrible, isn't all that amazing either... The songs and playing are what's so great about ZOP, not the production or mix, IMO. I much prefer Sneap's work on This Godless Endeavor and Aaron's work on this new one.

Not my favourite guitar tone but i think it kills (and i like it as much if not better than the tone he has on the Nevermore albums). On the other hand, the drums (production and playing) sound good but a bit dull and robotic, like a programmed demo.
EDIT : I think that guitar tone fits the album really well. And i don't think it would have worked with the new album, which was less rythm-oriented anyway, with more stuff going on, and better drums/bass as well.

Is it just me or is the new loomis record, way too bass centered. There was no definition in the rhythm guitars to my ear, sounded almost noisy compared to the holy grail tone of godless. I couldn't get around that droning bass heavy sound in the recording to get much definition, which is a shame because loomis's riffs are so strong and evil.

It almost sounds like direct tones say from a axe fx.

Great album and awesome playing- no one can touch loomis as far as a metal shredder and songwriter for sure, but was expecting much more fanciful production to please my uppity producion tastes.

Any opinions or thoughts from the gallery?

Are you basing it off the youtube clips? Because the bass is a bit much on some of them.