luror "cease to live"

This stuff is freaking brilliant and deserves a lot more attention I think. Madness and fury tied together by excellent songwriting and raw energy. Sigrblot jumps to mind on occasions, regarding the way the melodies are worked into the mass. I don’t know whether I’m biased by the fact Erik made the reco but I find a distinctive Nasheim-esque touch in the guitar buzz. Listen or be gay.

thanks for finally noticing

i can't think of a better 2008 bm album off the top of my head

Some good black metal here no doubt. The two songs are quite different with the former being more standard. The melodies do shine through amidst the chaos. The mid paced part at 2:30 is nice.

The second track is definitely the more epic of the two just based on the first minute alone (bass!). Nice clean arpeggiated parts here, which the germans seem to do so well. I'm not sure of the rougher vocals going on here but they do work better later in the song. The faster part at the end closes well:Shedevil:

bought that shit along with the see hereafter cool TS. To hell with the gas bill this month :)

1723_0.jpg

get the previous album "the iron hand of blackest terror" if you can

it is less coherent but its high points are even higher than anything on this new album ("smoke and stardust" especially)

this is one of the top albums of 2008 for sure, also ekpyrosis "mensch aus gold"

After absorbing both, this is the release that I prefer from the two. Any idea how their share of the split We Walk the Infernal Path matches up?

yeah, i've got that too. it's mostly fast and pretty raw, i don't find any of the songs to be as interesting as most of the ones on the albums. it's worth having if you find the split for cheap but i don't think it is cheap these days, so pass.

it is semi-notable for having "solitude", one of the shortest black metal songs i think there ever was (around 10 seconds)

I wonder what Unhold is up to with Luror. The Cease to Live material is years old. His running a label must take some time, but since Absurd called it quits I suppose something must be in the works...