M Audio Soundcard/Interface Help Needed Fast!

Imo m-audio hardware is good enough for home studio.I have a delta44 and an audiophile 2496.Good converters and drivers always up to date.Never had problem with their stuff.If you want to buy a cheap audio interface m-audio is one of the best solution.

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
Whats the best M Audio soundcard/interface in their lower price ranges?

My fucking creative labs piece of shit is crapping out and I need to upgrade fast to finish recording the new album!

Help! :hotjump:

I've been looking at this one: http://www.dolphinproaudio.co.uk/pa.../category_id/098175452abe956a3718429239ca9a5d

Any thoughts on it? :)

I agree with M-Audio product on low price range audio products. But I'll avoid USB and Firewire interfaces. IMO, PCI is still stable and reliable.

A seperate preamp would probably sound better than the ones on the card but if you're upgrading from an Audigy you'll be more than happy with the ones in the Omni.

BTW, Are you in the UK? (I got that impression from the link to Dolphin)

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
BTW Razorjack, do you recommend that site for buying stuff from?

They are cheap and will beat any quote (e-mail them first), I got my Pod XT Live from them for £245 when they wanted £320!!

As an online store they're good as you don't have to deal with their shop assistants!! :loco:

Razorjack said:
A seperate preamp would probably sound better than the ones on the card but if you're upgrading from an Audigy you'll be more than happy with the ones in the Omni.

BTW, Are you in the UK? (I got that impression from the link to Dolphin)
Yeah I'm in Cardiff, they don't have to be stellar preamps as I'm on a tight budget and any preamp has got to be better to none. :)

shes a sheep!!!!
Actually Hopkins I've got a M Audio Audiophile 24/96 you can have dirt cheap if you need it.

Are you a taffy sheep shagger then?? I live in Derbyshire so I can relate!!
badsheep.jpg

+1 on the M-audio Omni Studio. I snagged one here in the states at Guitar Center for like $199 or something when they were going for like $450 elsewhere. Thus far no problems. Beats the bejeezus out of my audigy P.O.S. that I keep around for multichannel audio/gaiming and MIDI support.

Later,
Jeff

I have an M-Audio Delta 66. I chose it 'cos:
1. The inputs are balanced (TRS jacks)
2. The AD & DA converters are in a break-out box, so isolated from the noisy electronics in the PC.
Never had any problems with the drivers either. Rock-solid ASIO.
It doesn't have any mic-pre, but at least this way when you want to upgrade your preamps you don't have to replace the soundcard.

The only thing I can say is avoid the Tascam US-122 if you're using XP. Since I upgraded to SP2 I've been having all sorts of problems. No new drivers for months and no support from Tascam means it's been pretty frustrating to say the least. Pops and crackles all over the shop, and I've stripped the XP to the bare bones and tweaked all there is to be tweaked.