\m/ Blind Guardian \m/

Mantraschism

Skáld
Oct 23, 2002
Augusta, GA (Lost in the Twilight Hall)
So who else is a Blind Guardian fan? Now, it's damn hard for me to choose a favorite band, but it's definitely between Blind Guardian and Opeth - they both cover two different (and yet connected) aspects of my personality beautifully. In any case, I think BG are amazing. I've loved them since last March, 'Nightfall in Middle-Earth' being my first album by them. I was going through a bad time then, but while I was listening to them, my mind was taken off of my problems. Since then, I've acquired all of their studio albums except their first two (d'oh!), and I love them all, the new one possibly being my favorite. Well, this has somehow turned into an exposition on me, but the point is, if you don't know Blind Guardian's music, you should hence proceed to check them out. \m/

BTW, if anyone from the BG forum is on here, I'm Fates Guardian. =o I think I've seen a few people from the BG forum on here...

I just recommended their albums to the guy in the non-metal thread :)

I can only take them in small doses though, because that sort of epic-metal gets on my nerves after a while. Same with bands like SOnata Arctica and Ayreon..but Blind Guardian are by far the best of the genre in my opinion.

Yeah they will be here on Nov 22 with Symphony X. I am not sure if I am going to go, because Blue Oyster Cult is playing on the 20th at the same place, and I have been of a fan a theirs for a while.

I saw them at Wakcen this year and they were absolutely amazing, what a show!

My favoruite songs by them are Mirror Mirro, Battlefield, Nightfall, Lord of the Rings and the Bard Song. Not to mention of course the epic And Then There Was Silence!

Originally posted by Mantraschism
So who else is a Blind Guardian fan? Now, it's damn hard for me to choose a favorite band, but it's definitely between Blind Guardian and Opeth - they both cover two different (and yet connected) aspects of my personality beautifully.

So why pick a favourite?

Anywayz, noone has been a bigger BG fan than me, BUT.....

The best of Blind Guardian was YEARS ago and that's what you should check out. "Tales From The Twilight World" and the subsequent "Somewhere Far Beyond" rate in the "best of all time power metal albums" category and "Battalions Of Fear" and "Follow The Blind" are also worth picking up if you're a fan. On the other hand....if it's their recent shit you like....maybe you should disregard everything i just said!