Maiden - Live After Death...on DVD!!!

The local record chain, FYE, inadvertantly had copies for sale today (Sunday) so I picked mine up. I've not watched much, but I am surprised that the picture is as grainy as it is. I assume it would have been cleaned/restored.

Oh well, it IS still nice to see this again.

Amazon also shipped mine yesterday, so it should be here on Tues or Wed. I'm not surprised it's a little grainy. It is very expensive to clean up video, and I doubt they spent the money to do so. The audio is the important part. Plus I think us DVD watchers are getting spoiled by all these new high quality video concerts.

Oh Boy! I had fun with this concert! Not only memories from days gone by (we played the hell out of the Live After Death on cassette and LP), but to see it performed BEFORE MY EYES was thrilling to say the least.

You can call it grainy if you want, but we're spoiled these days with such awesome video clarity and HD tvs. This concert is 1985, full 4:3 screen video, and a bit rough around the edges, but it still kicks ass. I'm impressed with the sound too. I don't have 5.1 on my tv, just old school stereo speakers and a sub-woofer, but it sounds great on my system.

Got mine today as well! (Good week!) Can't crank up the 5.1 right now, but the video looks great. I didn't expect it to get much better. It fills a widescreen tv, which is great.

I do believe this was recorded on a different night than the cd. Some differences in the little nuances I'm noticing are the only things I'm basing that on. Then again, I'm sure they used stuff from all 4 nights for both.

You can call it grainy if you want, but we're spoiled these days with such awesome video clarity and HD tvs. This concert is 1985, full 4:3 screen video, and a bit rough around the edges, but it still kicks ass. I'm impressed with the sound too. I don't have 5.1 on my tv, just old school stereo speakers and a sub-woofer, but it sounds great on my system.

\,,/

Found the last copy in an HMV. Will watch tonight along with The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford [Blu-ray]

I picked this up this weekend. It's everything I expected. I liked part II of the documentary, but would have liked if it covered a little more ground like the first one did. It's fun to see the, "Behind the Iron Curtain," doc, as I don't think I ever saw that all the way through in the day. It was funny to hear Bruce tell someone, "you can't play heavy metal with synthesizers!"

Anyway, an all around good addition to the DVD pile.

It's grainy because it was shot on film, not direct to video, kinda like that first Van Halen live vid with Sammy. Sounds great, performance was as I remembered it, with Bruce being somewhat cashed vocally. Second disc makes it worth it for me...