Manticora- Safe... one of 2010's top 5!

DemonOfTheWoods

Your option out of here
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD
I thought there was already a thread about this album but I couldn't find it.

Got this album last weekend and I can't stop listening to it. This might be their best disc. It's melodic, thrashy, proggy at times, and catchy as hell in that special Manticora way.

Lars' voice sounds better than ever. I have always enjoyed his vocals, I know some don't, and if you are one of those people who didn't care for his vocals previously, listen to this album. It might change your mind. My fiancee thought it was Hansi from Blind Guardian at some points!

I already can't wait to hear what they offer up next!

Amazing album and definitely one of this year's top 5 releases IMO!

I don't know if I'd say it's their best, but I do like it a lot. I like that it's not overproduced, I like the unexpectedly-thrashy quality of some of the riffs, and the energy in general. The first couple of tunes are not my favorite, but track 3 to the end is all awesome.

So far it is definitely in my top 10. First listened to it a couple of weeks ago. Good stuff. While TychoCelchu, I don't dislike the first two, I will agree that the disc does get better as it goes on.

I need to catch up with them. I haven't heard the last 2, but I do consider myself a fan.

Absolutely LOVE this disc!!! Killer release indeed- top 10 contender for sure!! The last 2 albums were just OK, imo. 8 Deadly Sins, Hyperion are awesome also.

I was a big fan from the start, and then they had one or two albums that were just ok. But yeah this one is back in high gear definitely. And those of you who do not like the vox in general need to hear this one. It's a definite improvement.