maudlin of the Well: Part the Second

I've tried download the MP3 version like ten times, but the first track won't load no matter what I do! Please, if you could be so kind as for someone to email me the 1st track as an MP3! I don't know how long I can go on not hearing this beautiful music! maudlin is one of the great bands, if anyone could just please send me an mp3 of that first track, id be indebted to you! thanks! my email is Galactus91@aol.com

FalseTodd
this is the best song on the album, more or less!

is there any way to take that recording off that web page?

FalseTodd
this is the best song on the album, more or less!

is there any way to take that recording off that web page?

Right click

Save target as

Thanks Sam, I needed that as well. It seems that the file name is too long for windows to extract the file.

Out of curiosity what application are you using to extract? Built in Windows unzipper? I'm pretty sure the OS is ok with the filename, as every report I've heard of the issue has to do with extracting the file. I understand it's long, I had a choice between brevity and completeness and my anal retentive side took over. Anyway if we can figure out what it is / come up with a workaround I'd put it on the download page. So what's the story?

I was using the built in windows unzipper i guess. I don't know much about computer stuff, so i'm sure that theres an easy work around, I just couldn't figure it out.

I just tried the Windows unzipper and it gave me:

---------------------------
Error Copying File or Folder
The system cannot find the file specified.

OK

for tracks 1 and 5 and their corresponding .jpg files. 7-zip works fine.

EDIT:

The Windows unzipper extracts the files to the user's temporary directory (in my case, "c:\documents and settings\anthony\local settings\temp\"), then copies them to the place you asked it to extract to. It just silently fails at creating the temp files because the path is too long, then complains when it can't copy the file from the temp directory. Changing my temp directory to "C:\" "fixed" it.

Long file names on the first and last song cause some issues. Couldn't extract directly to my music folder. So I extracted to desktop. When extracted all at once, first and last song were not recognized by windows media player so I extracted one at a time to the desktop and moved them to my music folder.

BTW, very cool. It's kind of what I would have pictured the transition album between motW and KO. would be, like maudlin of the Dot or something. More motW undertones than KO. but I can definitely feel the latter in some of the songs.

BTW, very cool. It's kind of what I would have pictured the transition album between motW and KO. would be, like maudlin of the Dot or something. More motW undertones than KO. but I can definitely feel the latter in some of the songs.

I like that - "maudlin of the Dot". It definitely retains the more adventurous side of Kayo Dot, but there's some big geetars in there. Very enjoyable album. and I never really heard these guys until this year.