MBox Mini 2/Windows 7, 64-Bit OS Compatibility Issues

westonreed

New Metal Member
Feb 28, 2010
I just borrowed a Mbox Mini 2 to see if I wanted to buy it, but I keep running into problems with the install. I have Windows 7 and run a 64-bit OS. The guy I borrowed it from lost the install disc so the problem I am having is I cannot find a driver that is compatible with Windows 7, nor can I find a version of pro tools that runs on the 64-bit OS. Do these even exist yet? I want to run the mbox with pro tools, but I'm not dead set on it so if I can simply download the driver for windows 7 to use with reaper or some other DAW then that would be great. Any help or suggestions???

Last time I heard Win7 drivers for protools hardware weren't out. However i could recommend that you download the XP drivers and use win7s compatibility mode to see if it works, sometimes it works good, sometimes not, but its great for anything your having issues with including program crashes and general slowness.

Mine Mbox2 mini is working fine on my laptop running Windows 7 64-bit.

You have to get 8.0.4 Pro Tools which just came out. The ASIO is still a bit funky. I can't get it to work with Cubase LE 4. Got it work with Reaper just as a test. I haven't tried with Cubase 5.5, just too lazy to install it on my laptop, not to mention carrying the key around. For what I am doing, Pro Tools is all I need.

Without installation disks, that could be tough. If nothing else you need the booklet for the authorization. Even with them, it was a bit tricky. I had to install 8.0.0 and make sure not to plug in the box. Then install the update and plug it in there.