Meet and Greet

jpob

New Metal Member
Sep 24, 2013
Hey! I'm going to my first Amorphis concert in under a month and I got a Meet and Greet ticket. My problem is I don't know what happens in a Meet and Greet (i.e. time, what to bring). If anyone has had one before can you tell me what it's like so I'm prepared.

There won't be much time for talking, people line up at the table where the guys sit and give them stuff for signing, e.g. CD booklets. It's courteous not to bring a whole lot of items (sometimes I've seen people with a dozen different things to have signed... :p ), and maybe a special pen if you have something with a surface other than paper. I don't collect autographs myself, but for example the other week my friend and I had a vodka bottle signed by a glamrock band as a birthday present for someone who's a fan of them. Just use your imagination. ;) Usually there's also free promo cards available at those signing table if you don't bring anything yourself. And in most cases it's allowed to take photos. Which show are you going to?

Reactions: Brell
thanks for the reply. Im not sure if this is actually a table cos I think i read somewhere that I get access to soundcheck too

In that case, bear in mind that the Amorphis guys are not the most talkative people. - Just so you don't get offended or anything ;) Otherwise - yeah, a marker pen (black or silver, depending on the colour of the thing to be signed) and a CD booklet, card, poster, ticket even, pretty much covers it. Oh, and take your camera :D

Bring a beer bus with lots of hot girls, that might get some attention. Also burn rubber on those tires. Now on the back of the beer bus, there has to be a smoking section with lots of hot chicks with weed. So bring lots of weed. Then bring your guitar and soundcheck with the band. They might have you be the opening act if it hasn't been labled as yet. Then you need to bring some unique good food. People love food. And then share your favorite beer (again) with everyone. If there is a real sauna around locally, announce it. If not, you are out of luck for the evening. Just a suggestion.