Mesa Boogie Mark V !!!!

jw009

May 2, 2007
The Netherlands
From Petrucci's guitar tech:

Played this for 10 mins, heres what I can remember about it.

each channel has: 3 voices, a bold/dark switch, 3 power settings, eq selector, Gain, treb, mid, bass, presence knobs.
channel 1 voicings- Clean, Fat Clean, Tweed
channel 2 voicings- Edge, Crunch, Mark I
channel 3 voicings- Mark IIc+, Mark IV, Extreme
3 power settings are 10w, 45w, 90w
eq selector selects graphic on/off/footswitchable (graphic has 2 eq pots added)
selectable tube/diode rectification for each channel
tweed setting on power switch, simul class but was loaded with 6l6's
reverb, serial loop, footswitch has 8 switches on it.

Mark IIc+ sounds great, Mark IV sounds like my Mark IV lead channel,
Mark I is nice and dark. Fat Clean and Crunch sound like my Stiletto.
They told me it is the exact circuitry of the Mark IIc+ and Mark IV when you select those modes.

Quote:
The cleans were awesome. Best I've heard on a Boogie. I remember one of the cleans being very 3-D and almost, single channel vintage-ish in it's 'fullness'. At that time, there was also a mode that, to me, was the closet they've gotten to a Marshall tone. Very cool. Not sure how much it's changed at this point. I did love the fact the graphic was assignable per channel. So you could have the 'smiley face' heaviness, without fucking up everything else. It was also the first Boogie I ever thought I'd be happy with owning.

Here's a pic of the prototype Petrucci was using.
photo.jpg

I did NOT need to read this. That amp sounds like the perfect compliment to the Rectifier and an amazing live amp with all of the channel switching capabilities. Aaah, fuck it. I need to rob a bank.

that's not a fake. that's petruccis touring rig and it looks like what was described already.

i'm sure the A list mesa endorsees get first dibs (petrucci, hetfield, etc.)

i'm so on top of this amp already. got like a pre-pre order with GC. i'm on a waiting list to get on the waiting list so to speak lol.

hoping to get one of the first ones GC get since the LA and NYC stores get them first (according to store manager at manhattan GC)

but regardless of which one it is i intend on getting it so believe me when i say i will have plenty of clips to post.