Metal 2024

Oddball heavy metal with thrash vocals. Every song sounds like at least three different songs mashed together. Seems cool on a first listen? Name-your-price on bandcamp.

Reactions: CiG
I think the whole album might actually be movie-themed?

Fortune and Glory - Indiana Jones
Outrun Infinity - ???
Grab the Sun - Mad Max
Showdown - Face/Off
Wicked Road - River's Edge maybe? Haven't seen it
Take to the Skies - Porco Rosso (according to some guy on bandcamp)

giphy.gif

What has been the longest hiatus between two official record releases by one band so far? I wonder if Meanstreak (the all-female band from New York) have just set up a new record, since 36 years after the release of their debut and so far only album "Roadkill", they have just released a new EP titled "Blood Moon":

Bild_2024-02-05_232642793.png

The album contains 4 songs, two of which ("Giant Speaks" and "Rubberneck") were first released on their 1989-demo and one ("The Dark Gift") on their 1992-demo, whereas the fourth song "Oh Father" is a new one, which they already played live on their tour as support for John Petrucci in 2022.

Except for the drummer, the line-up on this EP is the same one as on their debut album. And their current drummer already played on their 1992-demo. Now I just wonder if this is a one-off, or if there is more to come. Bettina France still has got some pipes.

What has been the longest hiatus between two official record releases by one band so far?
There's a Wikpedia article for that stat in terms of studio albums. For bands in the metal realm it has White Spirit at 41 years, but that's a bit of a cheeky one as the newer one was mostly recorded in 1982. Flower Travellin' Band's 35 years 6 months beats the Meanstreak gap you speak of by a couple of months, but the newer album was the most unmetal stuff they've done.

White Spirit's original album was brilliant but they are most noted for having Janick Gers on guitar for their debut.

What has been the longest hiatus between two official record releases by one band so far? I wonder if Meanstreak (the all-female band from New York) have just set up a new record, since 36 years after the release of their debut and so far only album "Roadkill", they have just released a new EP titled "Blood Moon":

View attachment 35342

The album contains 4 songs, two of which ("Giant Speaks" and "Rubberneck") were first released on their 1989-demo and one ("The Dark Gift") on their 1992-demo, whereas the fourth song "Oh Father" is a new one, which they already played live on their tour as support for John Petrucci in 2022.

Except for the drummer, the line-up on this EP is the same one as on their debut album. And their current drummer already played on their 1992-demo. Now I just wonder if this is a one-off, or if there is more to come. Bettina France still has got some pipes.
heavy load was 40 years, unless you count the release of some unreleased tracks