Metal from your neck of the woods

Being in Southern California I have many.

Exmortus
Fueled by Fire
Warbringer
Bonded by Blood
Dark Angel
Exiled Force
Viking
Kaustik
Night Demon
Madrost
Abysmal Dawn
Hexen
Hirax
Ophiuchus
Suicidal Tendencies

The bay area has more though

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity

Exmortus
Fueled by Fire
Warbringer
Bonded by Blood
Dark Angel
Exiled Force
Viking
Kaustik
Night Demon
Madrost
Abysmal Dawn
Hexen
Hirax
Ophiuchus
Suicidal Tendencies

I was talking more unsigned acts or obscure acts, but okay.

Exmortus
Fueled by Fire
Warbringer
Bonded by Blood
Dark Angel
Exiled Force
Viking
Kaustik
Night Demon
Madrost
Abysmal Dawn
Hexen
Hirax
Ophiuchus
Suicidal Tendencies

Megadeth and Slayer needs to be on that list too if your going to include all of Southern Cali.

Reactions: Baroque
Bands from my area are extremely rare

Hericide (black/death)

Brimstone Coven (hard rock/occult doom. These guys may not qualify because they recently got signed to metal blade)

Last edited:
Darkness Rites, a melodeath band from Kemptville, Ontario. Sadly now defunct but released two albums.

Can't be arsed to share youtube links but look up "Desecrated" and "Winds of Shit" by them on youtube.

Michigan/mainly Detroit

Trad metal with those weird ass vocals only 1 in 5 people like. I'm one of the five:

Basically a Danzig clone. Opened for Trouble so they've shared good company:

Death metally stuff

Slightly more doomy death metally

Stoner doom

The vocalist in this outfit also has a Dio tribute band that does easily the best female-vox Gates of Babylon cover I've ever heard.

I'm sure there's plenty of good garbage I don't know about. Maybe Mort can jump in with more westside players.

There's a lot of punk bands and mostly noise project where I am at. The most popular death metal band in Oklahoma is Broken Flesh. They're cool. Especially for Christian band.

Here's my black metal/noise I been working on. I do everything on GarageBand and I played my first show in July with a bunch of other noise kids from Texas. It was mad fun. Hopefully I can do a split with someone next year.
deadandgrey.bandcamp.com

Too many aspiring local metal bands cluttering up the scene here in Las Vegas. Here are a few that I like:

In the Flesh

Demonlung

Spun in Darkness

Avenger of Blood is also from Vegas but I think they are done. Their drummer is an interesting guy to talk to though.

That's pretty cool! I was friends with a guy from Perth on fbook called Paul DiScerni and he had a thrash band but I can't remember what they were called. Nice bloke though, seemed like they had a few gigs over there though.

Reactions: CiG