Metal/Metalcore/Hardcore/whatever band I'm recording....Check it out

JoshDRAH

Aug 6, 2007
We're recording my buddies band, heres a track we just completed. My first shot at using my new Profire 2626 interface and Im really digging it. This was done in Sonar 7. Guitars are the guitar players 5150 and DSL100. The drums are a Tama Starclassic, and I lightly mixed in some samples with drumagog. We used at Beta 58 for vocals. Im pretty happy with it so far...what do you guys think?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/r0kc4i

man, next week im going to buy profire 2626. tell me what mics do you use?

Shure Beta 58 for vocals, SM57 and Sennheiser E609 for guitars, Bass was recorded direct thru my PODxt (gotta love bassists with no gear :mad:), and Audix DP7 drum mics.

Not really, just your basic EQ's, compression, limiters, and so forth. I used a bit of BBE Sonic Maximizer on the drums and guitars...And some auto tune on some of the clean parts.

Wow you did a really good job on this. Especially the guitars!!
That snare sounds perfect:)
The only complaint ive got is that the bass is too quiet, I think it could go up a bit.

Really good job on this dude, post some more when you get it:)

Wow! Fucking amazing, they play really really well too! I thought it was gonna be some half assed metalcore shite, but damn dude :)

The production sounds so nice, very "honest" and clear, and has a pretty natural feel over it, nothing over produced. Thumbs up man!

nice mix, very clear. i agree bass could be abit louder, and maybe slightly less cymbals/hi-hat but thats just my taste.

guitar tone is awsome, reminds me of as i lay dying tone on shadows..

you convinced me to buy profire. i love this sound, especially the clean and after celan part !

Guitars sounds a little bit muddy compared to the rest of the mix, could use some eq in 200-350hz and 4khz, nice playing though.
And the overheads need a little bit of adjustment, don't fit in the mix completly.
But quite good overall :)
I could mix it if you want to, PM me if you are interested.

Cheers