Metal songs you love ironically

Bloopy

Feb 10, 2008
New Zealand
www.bloopy.org
What are some metal songs that you love ironically for whatever reason?

The first that comes to mind for me is Megadeth - 1000 Times Goodbye. The fact it's hilarious makes it a lot better somehow:

There's also Holocaust - From the Mine Shaft to the Bike Shed. Surely they can't be serious here. It sounds like they're taking the piss out of industrial metal or something:

What are some metal songs that you love ironically for whatever reason?

The first that comes to mind for me is Megadeth - 1000 Times Goodbye. The fact it's hilarious makes it a lot better somehow:

There's also Holocaust - From the Mine Shaft to the Bike Shed. Surely they can't be serious here. It sounds like they're taking the piss out of industrial metal or something:

i have an ironic thing for metallica's "i disappear" because of all the retarded facial expressions in the video and the way everyone gets something cool to do except newstead who, like usual, gets shat on

Reactions: Bloopy
No irony about it, expect for the last song, I love that album

Yeah I guess so. On stage around that time they were definitely goofy, we had some of the stupidest and funniest shit happen when those guys were on the bill.

Yep also Megadeth - Sweating Bullets, the way he says “hello me, meet the real me.” “Hello me, it’s me again!” That stuff cracks me up, and at the same time it’s a badass song lol
Sweating Bullets is not only my fav Megadeth song, but in my top 15 songs of any artist, so just cool entertainment in my books. Dave's vocals are funny in general though, a bit of an acquired taste - part of the reason why he's one of my fav vocalists.

1000 Times Goodbye is one hell of a whine though. Hard to believe he dragged that idea out to 6½ minutes.

Yeah I guess so. On stage around that time they were definitely goofy, we had some of the stupidest and funniest shit happen when those guys were on the bill.

Just not usually my kinda thrash is all. Never got into the chuggy groovy goofy type shit, but because I had the CD so long and me and my brother would always put it on to have a laugh it grew on me in a weird ironic sorta way.

Mayhemic Destruction, which got them known around the traps here, was a completely different path and quite a few fans didn't like FOD when it first came out because of the change. But FOD got them on the Metallica AJFA tour and got absolutely thrashed on radio so it was the first album of theirs that many heard. It was all shrouded in label hyperbole and BS but I don't think they'd have got the Metallica tour and therefore the overseas exposure if they hadn't gone for that goofy groovy shit of FOD. I just wish they'd put a real song on the end instead of that shitty Robbie Soles.

Then on Rebellious Youth (Every Dog Has It's Day overseas) they went goofier again (with the lyrics at least) and even Metallica ignored them :)

Reactions: CiG
Mortal Sin are for sure a funny band. I actually always loved An Absence of Faith (though I haven't listened to it in years) ...perhaps that's my input on this topic :lol: